DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I just installed my AFE intake and everything seems to be set up right. But when i turn my engine on, i get a computer error. Anybody know what is the deal with that? This is for an 05 Hemi.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Did you remember to hook up the IAT sensor wire?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YUp. Took out the old sensor from the hemi hat, stuck it onthe harness and shoved it into the hole made for the sensor. Is there a specific way its suppose to go in?

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Norcallifter said:
YUp. Took out the old sensor from the hemi hat, stuck it onthe harness and shoved it into the hole made for the sensor. Is there a specific way its suppose to go in?
The only thing I can think of is that you
might have damaged the sensor and/or
wire plug connector.

· The Legendary Cross Ram
3,730 Posts
99RAMMAN said:
The only thing I can think of is that you
might have damaged the sensor and/or
wire plug connector.
Or maybe you didn't install it as close to the original position when you had the stock intake installed.

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
I had a afe intake, their are two IAT sensor grommets, one for a 4.7 and one for a hemi, make sure that the other grommet not used is plugged or you will have a vacuum leak

· The Legendary Cross Ram
3,730 Posts
Good idea.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
Or maybe you didn't install it as close to the original position when you had the stock intake installed.
Could be but I don't think so. The sensor should be mounted
in the same way as it was in the resonator.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
merc43amg said:
If you didn't disconnect the negative cable to the battery when installing would cause the light to come on.
Not true at all. When I first installed my Airaid
MIT I did not even reset the PCM. No error
code what so ever.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I looked at all the wiring and everything seems right. I reset the PCM and the code is gone. Took it out for a test drive and love the sound and it seems to be a little quicker.

Bad news: I was sitting at a red light, and the hemi died!!!! It freaked me out. I tried turning the wheel and the key, but nothign works. I remembered reading something about it in these forums, switched to park and restarted it using the key. But jeebus, it was scary. I dont want to think what would happen if I was moving and it died. Dodge needs to really fix this bad. I wonder if happened cause of the air intake.

· AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,451 Posts
Glad to see that you got the code to go away. As far as starting it back up, it shouldn't start in any other gear than park.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
merc43amg said:
Quess you were lucky.

Not luck. Just facts. I have talked with
many Hemi Ram owners that just
slapped in their CAI's and did not
reset PCM. Besides that just removing
the battery ground on my Hemi does
nothing. To reset you have to do the
Fuse #23 pull trick.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Norcallifter said:
Well, I looked at all the wiring and everything seems right. I reset the PCM and the code is gone. Took it out for a test drive and love the sound and it seems to be a little quicker.

Bad news: I was sitting at a red light, and the hemi died!!!! It freaked me out. I tried turning the wheel and the key, but nothign works. I remembered reading something about it in these forums, switched to park and restarted it using the key. But jeebus, it was scary. I dont want to think what would happen if I was moving and it died. Dodge needs to really fix this bad. I wonder if happened cause of the air intake.
Did you turn the key to the on position
before reconnecting the IAT sensor
wire?

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Why would you have to turn the key on before installing the IAT sensor?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, now that you mentioned it. I did. That might be why it gave me the code. I had to move my truck because a neighbor came back and I was parked half way in front of his garage. So I drove forward a little before I plugged the IAT sensor back in. But it works great now. It sounds great at WOT and my butt dyno thinks its faster.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
TREP R/T said:
Why would you have to turn the key on before installing the IAT sensor?

I am not say that you have to do that. I am
saying that Norcallifter probably turned the
key to the ON position and forgot to reconnect
the wire plug to the sensor. That would give
you an error code.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.