DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the E2 Equal-i-zer hitch? If so, how is it working? The E2 is the less expensive of the two anti-sway Equal-i-zer hitches.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Nope. But you usually get what you pay for. Mine is a Reese. I did not specifically choose the Reese though. Part of my camper deal was throw in the complete hitch set up. Adjustable hitch, ball, weight distribution, & anti sway bars.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have no personal experience with the E2, but the original Equalizer is a very good system. From their website, the E2 has only 2 points of friction, while the Equalizer has 4 points of friction and the E2 is considered an "entry level" hitch:

E2
"Getting you on the road with 2-Point Sway Control™ for an economical price. Built as an entry level product for those who desire to step out of the 'chain-style' hitch arena."

Equalizer
"Less Stress at the wheel, no more white knuckles, and better tow vehicle handling are all benefits that our customers have declared about The Original Equal-i-zer® Sway Control hitch. With its integrated 4-Point Sway Control™ the Equal-i-zer® hitch is the perfect blend of simplicity and performance."

It sounds to me like the Equalizer is a better hitch. It depends on what you are towing. If you are going to be towing a small, relatively light trailer, the E2 might be worth considering, but if you are going to be towing a larger trailer and particularly one which is close to the capacity of your tow vehicle, I wouldn't gamble, I would stay with the Equalizer.

My thoughts are that Hensley has the absolute best Weight Distributing Sway Control hitch, but it is very expensive and probably overkill unless towing very large trailers. My second choice would be Equalizer. My third choice is the Reese Strait-Line. The Reese works every bit as well as the Equalizer in my opinion, but the Equalizer is a little easier to set-up and is quieter, so I give the edge to Equalizer, but the Reese is also a good choice. I wouldn't even consider anything else.

Here is Progress Manufacturing's website if you have not already checked it out for the differences between the Equalizer and the E2.

http://www.progressmfg.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts