DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if its possibletoswap a neon rt enginefora srt4 and put the srt4 in thert ??is there room?? any customs stuff that i need to do?? cuz i got a srt4 engine and a buddy wants me to help install it so i was wondering if its possible before i even try

· Registered
1,303 Posts
It is possible. There are some obvious things that have to be done since the srt-4 is a turbo and such but it is done all the time.

· Neon Master Mechanic
1,114 Posts
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure the rear of the transmission will hit the k-member. I know a guy a state over to the eat that got around that by rolling the motor and trans enough to clear it. Not sure on long term results on that, I have not talked to him in a long time. I can't see it being that bad but just something to think about.

Also how are you going to control the engine? SRT ECU or Mega Squirt? I don't think you would want to use the stock 1st gen ECU. Well now that I think about it if you added an RRFPR to control the fuel and an external boost controller to handle that task it may work. Well now wait what about the MAP sensor? Run a 1st gen one w/ a map clamp maybe? :STY:

Kinda random thoughts but I hope it helps you decide on what route to take.

Crap one more~ SRT Axles going to work? I would guess no. That I guy I was talking about converted his hubs IIRC.

ok im done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.