DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk if im being paranoid or what but recently i've noticed a real distinct ticking noise coming from the passenger side of the engine and it sounds like it's coming off the fuel rail and if i put my hand on it you can feel the noise that i hear. Any idea what it is? Or am i an idiot and just never noticed it over the beastly roar lol :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
mechanic stethoscope to pinpoint ;p

injector
valve/lifter
piston slap
exhaust leak

one person's 'tick' is anothers 'knock' so putting more options out there.

and a hint... the frequency of valve/cam/exhaust/injector related ticking will be 1/2 the frequency a tick caused by a part that moves at engine speed (ie: piston noise) ...

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
bad lifter loose rocker arm or a bad injector

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm leaning towards injector cause it's coming from the fuel rail on the passenger side for sure. The sound resembles a tazer if anyone is familiar with the electric tick noise they tend to make. idk if that helps lol also if im gonna be replacing injector's any suggestions on some fancy one's?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
pull the connector from one injector at a time to find the one thats bad

·
Registered
194 Posts
Question: Would an injector knock come and go? I have a very distinct knock under the drivers side of the hood, and at first I thought that it was a bad lifter / rocker arm was loose but it goes away after a few minutes and then comes back again. If it was a lifter / rocker it would be constant wouldn't it?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
not realy it can come and go also you can check the injectors rather easily so do that first if its not that then go deeper

·
Registered
194 Posts
not realy it can come and go also you can check the injectors rather easily so do that first if its not that then go deeper
How do you check to see if it's the injectors? Stethoscope?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
just pull the electrical connectors one at a time and see if the ticking stops if it does thats the bad injector

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.