DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to drop an old cummins into my 97 ram 1500, but i have no idea if i will also need a new tranny, gears, rear end, frame strength and so on. i do know that it weights about 1,000 pounds and will probably require modification to the motor mounts. it would be great to find someone that could at least point me in the right direction.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Your gonna need new motor mounts period. What transmission do you have now? Most likely you will need to find a donor truck with engine and trans, or shop ebay and craigs list. Check out TDR.com in the classifieds, lots of stuff for sale there always. What engine do you want to put in it? 12v VE pump, P-Pump, 24v VP, 24v P-Pump, common rail, 6.7 P-Pump? Give us some guide lines to go by first. Whats your budget or is the sky the limit?

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Not everything is gonna bolt in man. You think a 360 magnum has the same motor mounts a cummins has? Gonna need a new radiator, bigger one, custom cross member for the trans, new springs for the front. Their is a lot to take into consideration when performing an engine swap. Once you figure up how much you think your gonna spend add another $1500 or so to it. Its always goona cost way more than you expect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.