DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea what might be causing this...? I am not sure if I don't have a code reader or it just doesn't work, but it was not throwing any codes.

I started experiencing a problem with my 2006 Durango 5.7 HEMI yesterday. When I started it, it immediately would shut off. This happened several times. But then I thought, I would start it and keep my foot on the gas to at least get it home. This worked and about 5 minutes or so into driving I started smelling gas fumes. This only lasted for a few minutes and then it went away. My house was only about 12 minutes away and by the time I got home, it was running on its own.

I turned it off and started it back up and it ran on its own.

·
FA18Boss
16 Posts
I had this same problem about 2 years ago. We were out in the middle of nowhere (figures, right?) and when I started it, it would just quit. I pulled the fuse for the PCM and let it set about 5 minutes, then put it back in. It started right up after that, and has never had the problem again. The service department never heard of this...surprise.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting.... I will give this a try and see if it works. Is the fuse panel in the engine compartment..?

·
Mopar Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11,190 Posts
I was thinking it was a venting problem in the fuel tank or a valve not opening in the exhaust pipe. Crazy! :mad: :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.