DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I rev my engine to hear my dual exhaust , and the rpms get up to 4000 it tones out and i cant get any more sound until te rpms get down to about 3000. So I wanted to know if there was any way to fix it thanks.
I have 04 hemi quad 4x4 thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is a way, but it is pretty dangerous. Put the shiftlever between Neutral and Drive, in that way the tranny and dash indicator remains in Neutral, but the computer thinks it is in Drive.

that way you can really rev it up to about 6000. Be sure to apply your brakes while doing it. ( and be carefull not to drop it in Drive while revving it.)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Stoopid safety feature.

Needs to be bumped up to 5500 rpms.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not a cool feature, especially when you are being revved on.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I did that once on my 73 Firebird. It slipped into gear and launched my driveshaft across the street! LOL

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
:thatfunny
So the Superchips programmer will take care of this?

·
Registered
406 Posts
No. It won't. Mine still doesn't rev past 4K in neutral or park.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
SHAKNBAK said:
I did that once on my 73 Firebird. It slipped into gear and launched my driveshaft across the street! LOL
Look out for flying driveshafts, thats a funny story, but i bet not funny for you..

·
Registered
406 Posts
No, it was funny for me too. LOL. I had to walk down the street to Pep Boys and buy a new u-joint, then pounded it back in with my Club. Good thing I always carry tools.

I did a partial throttle launch last night in a parking lot and did some donuts all the way into 5th gear overdrive. Time for new tires already!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.