DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long time observer, first time poster. admins/mods if this is in the wrong place, please move to appropriate area to receive attention and responses..

Vehicle is a 2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Mega cab. 6.7 Cummins, 6SPD auto.
111~~~ miles. I bought it at 101~~~, from our local dealer. Previous owner was extremely immaculate and did not use it for hauling heavy loads, older owner, never hammering on it. Has every fluid change / maintenance / tire receipt since purchase.. even headlight receipt. all work was done at the local dealership whom he purchased it from. Dream of a deal on the truck too. couldn't pass it up. So in the first 1000 miles i had a DPF delete kit installed (Dr. Performance), and the batteries were the originals and started acting up, so i replaced both batteries with Optima red top's. Two weeks ago i replaced the factory radio with a navigation head unit, an additional amplifier and subwoofer, and back up camera.. other than the above mentioned, nothing has been altered or changed in any way on the truck.. 24 hours ago during the "black friday" madness, i was sitting in my truck, idling, listening to music, waiting on my significant other to come out of the local wal-mart. at some point the service engine light came on, which doesn't phase me anymore as it constantly comes on/off every few hundred miles due to NOx sensor codes(guess the DPF delete kit isn't as good as the salesman said!). I had a cheap wal-mart OBD2 reader but lost the book, and then gave it away, and found the book, so said to hell with it, and bought an actron that displays the codes on the screen. By the time i drove to macdonalds (about 1 solid mile) a lightning bolt with ) ( on either side lit up. I worried that i had a short somewhere from installing the radio, or that the subwoofer and amplifier were draining my batteries, until my monitor and gauge showed correct voltage.. checking the manual references the electronic throttle control faults. Now i'm concerned. the codes that popped are the following (this is over the last 24 hours, i did a code read and reset, and the matching two codes continue to throw non-stop. within 5 seconds of starting the truck after resetting the sensor) I took pictures of every screen of all the monitors in hopes of it helping diagnose the issue at hand. if i can get away with just replacing a crankshaft position sensor great. I plan on installing an edge juice with attitude color touch screen tomorrow, or well, i did. Maybe not now! Hoping to have some more information by the morning. and for the record, since the lights have come on, the truck has been reluctant to start compared to normal fire up and go, and when backing up earlier to my low-boy to show a friend the back-up camera in low light, the engine kind of surged a tiny hair making a whooshing/sucking sound... which is something abnormal. Normally she runs like an absolute top. I have the following ten images for ya'll.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help bring a timely resolution to this issue!

Yes, I should have gotten a 5.9.. but I wanted the 6 Speed transmission.. And it was a really good deal at the right time in my life.

If it looks like it will be a 10 minute fix with an o'reilly CPS part then i will get the edge juice/attitute/cts tomorrow. If the tone of the responses appear that i will need engine repairs... It will have to wait.

The following (10) images show every screen of my code reader and the two lights being thrown on my dash. I was idling outside in my driveway during all these pictures.

By tommyintx at 2011-11-26

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
the lighting bolt in a hemi = throttle body communication error, not sure on the deisel if you have electronic throttle (Fly by wire vs. cable/mechanical) As for the messages from your reader, check the harness going to sensor for a loose connector.
Welcome to Dodgetalk!

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
the lighting bolt in a hemi = throttle body communication error, not sure on the deisel if you have electronic throttle (Fly by wire vs. cable/mechanical) As for the messages from your reader, check the harness going to sensor for a loose connector.
Welcome to Dodgetalk!
Diesels don't have a throttle body as they create no vacuum, when you press the pedal down it increases fuel which spins the turbo faster to push in more air :tup:

As for the OP - It seems it is a bad CKP and just happened to go out after installing those accessories. Let us know how it pans out and we can help from there if the new sensor doesn't solve it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone post as to the location of the CPs and anything specific
As to what needs to be done replacing it, (without Messing anything up). Thanks.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Can someone post as to the location of the CPs and anything specific
As to what needs to be done replacing it, (without Messing anything up). Thanks.
At the front of the engine beside the crank shaft pulley in the timing cover, you will have to access it from underneath the truck IIRC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.