DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nick
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2 liter engine. Heads were replaced earlier this year due to a crack. I had some recent problems with coolant in cylinder 1 spark plug hole. I pulled the plug and coolant was dripping off of it. I waited for the plug to dry off and did cylinder leakage and compression tests and everything came back within spec. The truck ran fine for about 2 months and this past sunday I pulled in the neighborhood and the engine made a noise as if i blew a tire. It wasnt a tire it was my engine, so i hit the throttle and the whole truck started to shake violantly, and a grey smoke came out of the tail pipe. I got it home and reinspected the engine and there is coolant leaking from underneath the head, and lower down the block also, but only in the area of cyllinder one. I needed some advice of what to be looking for, and what this might possibly be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
intake leaking possible coolant passage into cly and off intake

·
Banned
5,244 Posts
You had a problem from the get go that wasn't addressed. If you have anti freeze in the the cylinder there is a problem. what caused the crack in the first place? Running it with low anti freeze or freeze up. Where the heads new? Who put them on? Did they do it correctly?

I pulled in the neighborhood and the engine made a noise as if i blew a tire. It wasnt a tire it was my engine, so i hit the throttle and the whole truck started to shake violantly, and a grey smoke came out of the tail pipe.
Why would you hit the throttle if the engine made a loud noise??? :ugh

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
is this ride moddified? maybe the head gasket blew out. what brand are you using.
felpro 1008 s are good. or did you re-use the intake manifold bolts?? sure the intake is flat??? and was it torqued correctly???? is there any glycol in the oil? cylinder #1.. any more symptoms?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.