DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning with all my engine modifications intact including the Superchips PCM flash, I passed the Federal requirements at our local Portland DEQ testing center. What was really fun was the guys in the testing center asking a lot of questions about what exactly I'd done. One guy drives a Ram and he wanted to know everything about what works and what doesn't on his 5.9. Of course I told him about DodgeTalk! :D

OK on my soap box here: In my opinion you can have your cake and eat it too. Don't gut or remove your catalytic converter or use an O2 simulator. Our computer controlled engines run extremely efficient with lower emission output compared to days gone by, but they need the converter to do that. Today's Dodge factory converters are zero restriction to a certain flow point, and the only reason to get a new one is if you radically modify your motor or it fails.

Stay legal and help keep our air as clean as possible for our children and grandchildren. JMHO
 

·
Keystoner
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
right on bamboo
 

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
Joined
·
995 Posts
Bamboo said:
Don't gut or remove your catalytic converter or use an O2 simulator. Our computer controlled engines run extremely efficient with lower emission output compared to days gone by, but they need the converter to do that. Today's Dodge factory converters are zero restriction to a certain flow point, and the only reason to get a new one is if you radically modify your motor or it fails.

Stay legal and help keep our air as clean as possible for our children and grandchildren. JMHO
Well said. Just quoting here for emphasis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Bamboo said:
This morning with all my engine modifications intact including the Superchips PCM flash, I passed the Federal requirements at our local Portland DEQ testing center.
You have to test your vehicles up in Portland? We sure don't down here, or at least I don't know anybody here that has.

And hey, my good friend and I are lookin for a house up there. He has someone looking right now, but we've looked through the first set of houses she sent us and there's only a couple promising, the main one in Jefferson. If you're not too busy, maybe you wouldn't mind seein what you could find for us. If interested, I can PM or email you the details.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only metro Portland has testing. There's legislation on the table to make it statewide though. Not too many people know about it so they'll probably pass it. The state needs another way to collect more money from us.............

E-mail me on the real estate situation and I'll see if I can help.
 

·
Patriot....
Joined
·
3,375 Posts
Bamboo said:
OK on my soap box here: In my opinion you can have your cake and eat it too. Don't gut or remove your catalytic converter or use an O2 simulator. Our computer controlled engines run extremely efficient with lower emission output compared to days gone by, but they need the converter to do that. Today's Dodge factory converters are zero restriction to a certain flow point, and the only reason to get a new one is if you radically modify your motor or it fails.
I agree - I had a Carsounds hi-flow cat installed after my OEM shell cracked and I lost .3 in the 1/4. Got it back when the new warranty replacement OEM cat was installed. :cool:

Living in Germany, I routinely have to go through some random inspections as I enter some bases. On one occasion, the German guard thought my MSD box was "suspicious". I managed to convince him enough that MSD stood for multiple spark discharge just like it said on the sticker, but he had no idea what that thing was :gr_patrio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Bamboo said:
This morning with all my engine modifications intact including the Superchips PCM flash, I passed the Federal requirements at our local Portland DEQ testing center. What was really fun was the guys in the testing center asking a lot of questions about what exactly I'd done. One guy drives a Ram and he wanted to know everything about what works and what doesn't on his 5.9. Of course I told him about DodgeTalk! :D

OK on my soap box here: In my opinion you can have your cake and eat it too. Don't gut or remove your catalytic converter or use an O2 simulator. Our computer controlled engines run extremely efficient with lower emission output compared to days gone by, but they need the converter to do that. Today's Dodge factory converters are zero restriction to a certain flow point, and the only reason to get a new one is if you radically modify your motor or it fails.

Stay legal and help keep our air as clean as possible for our children and grandchildren. JMHO

Letgo of that tree..... :D JK

How's the golf game????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually it's BAMBOO that I hug! My golf game is in shambles right now but it'll switch back to the other side as soon as I get serious about practicing again.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top