DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to the forums just looking for some help on my '04 ram 1500. My engine light has been on for awhile and I cannot pass inspection. The code I am getting is p0430: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).

I searched around online and it sounds like an O2 sensor problem or an exaust leak. Problem is, is that im a broke college guy with no tools or a clue to under the hood of cars. Are there any cheap fixes just to get me to pass?

Thanks

·
+ Hemi Addict +
580 Posts
Hey, new to the forums just looking for some help on my '04 ram 1500. My engine light has been on for awhile and I cannot pass inspection. The code I am getting is p0430: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).

I searched around online and it sounds like an O2 sensor problem or an exaust leak. Problem is, is that im a broke college guy with no tools or a clue to under the hood of cars. Are there any cheap fixes just to get me to pass?

Thanks
You should be able to hear an exhaust leak. Other than that its either a bad O2 sensor (passenger rear I think) or possibly a bad catalytic converter. Is the exhaust aftermarket?

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
I used to get that code when I put high flow cats on. Installed some non-foulers and the code never came back. I pass PA inspection with the non-foulers on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, its stock exaust. 4.7l v8. I haven't tried to listen for an exhaust leak, but I will. Do I replace all the spark plugs with the non-fouler spark plug?

Thanks

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Go to Autozone and but the Bosch O2 (P/N 15504) for $25 and replace the pass side front O2 and reset the PCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.