DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get my 2.7 flushed but someone told me that I shouldn't because it can break the sludge loose and clog everything up. Any one ever tried it with over 100,000 miles on a 2.7?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would recomend using a product called Rislone. It is an oil additive that helps to SLOWLY remove depoisits in your engine. I use it in my vehicles to prevent any build ups. I would use it along with synthetic oil and change your oil every 2000 miles for about 18 months and then reinspect the engine. Even after you get the sludge down to a manageable amount keep using the Rislone on a regular basis and maintain the agressive oil change schedule. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you do decide to flush (i woudnt) i would drop the oil pan after words to make sure you do get everything out. Ive seen people flush older engines with no problems but have seen many folks have problems after flushing newer ones , flush at your own risk .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

I thank you for your input. I think that I will just try the risoline. I do not want to put her at any undo risk!! :gr_patrio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.