Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 5.9L that intermittently drops throttle once in overdrive. I changed the apps and ensured idle voltage was 0.61 and full throttle was 3.84 but the problem still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Have you checked for trouble codes?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Sounds like you have the "dead pedal".
This is caused by a few different things.
A bad APPS/TPS will have a P0122 DTC and mess with your transmission....downshifting for no reason and replacing the APPS usually solves the problem for most owners.
Excessive AC voltage from the alternator does the same thing but with no codes.
Mine acts up like that when my battery voltage gets too low due to the intake heaters coming on, but it'll set a MAP code and the APPS code along with the occasional dead pedal.
I'm sure you know but I'll mention it anyway...you need a scan tool to check for trouble codes...the keyswitch On-Off trick may miss something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have the "dead pedal".
This is caused by a few different things.
A bad APPS/TPS will have a P0122 DTC and mess with your transmission....downshifting for no reason and replacing the APPS usually solves the problem for most owners.
Excessive AC voltage from the alternator does the same thing but with no codes.
Mine acts up like that when my battery voltage gets too low due to the intake heaters coming on, but it'll set a MAP code and the APPS code along with the occasional dead pedal.
I'm sure you know but I'll mention it anyway...you need a scan tool to check for trouble codes...the keyswitch On-Off trick may miss something.
Okay thanks. I'll check this that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.