Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello D owners,
I remember reading a thread awhile back on how to clean and dress the engine compartment but cant seem to remember. Can someone help me out on a good procedure to clean and dress the engine and what are some good products. I do remember tho that some people stayed away from Simple Green because it will damage some plastic and aluminium housings like the alternator. Any info would be great.
Joe

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I thought simple green was ok. I use CD-2. It's a 2 part detailing kit. I've also heard of people use'n scrubb'n bubbles (bathroom cleaner)

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Nice pic!!!

·
ALWAYS BEEN SLOW
776 Posts
I wash mine every month like I was doing to outside
Spray down with a tire foam in the can,Wipe off the excess to not look so Wet and so it wont collect the dirt-dust as bad

RICK

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
You spray everything?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
that's what I like about the CD-2. It comes with a detailing bottle. Shines like you wouldn't believe

I guess I have to insert pic like everyone else :D

Attachments

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
CD-2 works great as Rock said - here's another CD-2 results pic :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rock- Think i will give CD-2 a try, looks like a good product.
Coach- Thanx for the link, alot of good info. My bar metal alternator has that antigue pitted look that i would like to shine up a bit. I will probably try your suggestion and get the Blue Magic Bright cleaner then follow up with the CD-2 detailer.
Wow, all of your engine bays look like they are fresh out of the factory, i have noticed that many of the bar metal aluminum parts are clean and shiney. Thanx for all the info D owners.
Joe

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Check out some pics of TCalYen's engine bay and ask him for tips. He might have some spare mirror's laying around. ;)

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I need to update mine too lol

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
kingstretch said:
Check out some pics of TCalYen's engine bay and ask him for tips. He might have some spare mirror's laying around. ;)
Now I bet T's engine is a pain to clean. :thatfunny

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
I tried a different combo than usual today. Results not quite as good as the method I usually use, but not too bad. Awesome brand Orange Degreaser and Mother's Back to Black. Seems like the Awesome stuff oxidized a bit, but I don't think you can tell in the pic.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
coachholland said:
I tried a different combo than usual today. Results not quite as good as the method I usually use, but not too bad. Awesome brand Orange Degreaser and Mother's Back to Black. Seems like the Awesome stuff oxidized a bit, but I don't think you can tell in the pic.

Those degreasers tend to be very hard on the metal finish.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
look'n good rick & coach. I guess I need to get off my butt and clean mine lol

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
lmao.. this summer im gonna paint my engine and all that.. fix it all up and make it look good.. but heres what it looks like now after sitting for 10 years.

Attachments

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
I finally found some CD-2 and gave it a try today. Now, before you take a look at these pictures and see some miracle difference, just be aware that I did a major detailing job today with stainless steel and brass detail wiring brushes *before* using the CD-2. Those brushes did a great job of removing the oxidation. Used the stainless steel on the intake manifold and the brass on the aluminum.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Man, I need to clean my engine bay. It is dirty. Maybe my hands will even get a little less dirty during the M1 install that is going to be done this coming weekend assuming my GSMotorsports fuel rails get delivered this week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.