DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...this has been doing this for the past 3 days or so. ive noticed when i drive and at a stoplight or whatever the truck would shake or jerk a lil bit. didnt think much of it since i thought it was my flowmaster exhaust. whenever i switch gears from D to Park, the engine cuts off. or if i go from reverse to Park, it cuts off. seems like the air flow is hesitating or whatever..any suggestions??? like tonight, went to wendys drive thru, the guy told me to pull foward and wait till he brings out my food..so i drive up about 20 feet, then put my car in park.next thing you know..it cuts off..HELP ME PLEASE..i have an 03 ram 1500 SLT 4.7magnum

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine used to do the same thing. I had the idle control stepper motor replaced and it's been fine ever since.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
yea it happens...it did that a few times when i first got my truck...but i haven't seen it in a long while now...coincidentally, I did install a programmer on mine...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
engine cut off

thanks guys for the help...it did it again tonight. i went from work to the gas station..i was waiting on the guy in front of me so i put my truck into park, and bam...just cut off..i turned the truck on again..and went into Drive, then went into Reverse..cut off on me.. i hope its nothign too costly

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
wow, that's interesting, when mine did it, after I restart it wouldn't stall for a long while...

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I would think this would be covered under the 7/70 powertrain warranty ...... you may want to look thru some of the TSB's I know there were some for the Hemi stalling but not sure on the 4.7 ....... the other idea is to take the truck to Autozone or Discount Auto and see if there are any codes in the computer .. Good Luck and let us know how you make out

·
Registered
366 Posts
My '04 Hemi does it a lot in the cooler months, never when I have the A/C running. Tells me it's a low idle issue, but when I mention it to dealer they tell me the idle isn't adjustable, the computer handles it, and I have the latest flash. That's one reason I got a Superchips, figuring their prog. would fix this, but it hasn't.
I've just gotten used to keeping my rpms up just a touch while shifting into park, while using the left foot on the brake when my A/C is off. It's 2nd nature now, although it kinda sucks when you spend $30k plus on a vehicle and the dealership can't fix a low idle issue!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u guys have been all helpful. thanks for the input and advice. but what hammerz71 said..its happened in the past week or so..since it got alot colder...it did it this morning but not tonight..i went out and on the way home went to the bank and went home..put the car in park a few times in b/w and no idle issue and it didnt cut off..i figure i can ask you guys before i pay an arm and a leg at the dealership. any other input out there??? but the way everyone else explained their problem, i can relate to each one..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.