DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling my 2002 CarMate enclosed trailer. It's 20' long WITH a V-Nose that adds another 4 feet to the tip of the nose. It's also 8.5 feet tall inside so a SRW truck could fit in it. The kicker to that is that it's only 8' wide and you would probably have to climb out the back window to get out. Most serious car hauler trailers are 8.5' wide and I'm not really how sure how much difference that extra 3" makes that you lose on each side but I think it will be real tight trying to slide out the driver's door.
Also, since there are wheel wells you would have to make some kind of platform to raise the truck high enough to clear them. That could easily be done with some 4x4s.
This trailer is actually set up to haul furniture and I have added tons of E-Track to it. I keep telling myself I'm going to keep moving peoples stuff to make extra money but I'm not getting any younger and I really need to stop doing that stuff. If someone wanted to use it make money that way I may even work out a deal to add some equipment like pads and straps.
The trailer has a 9900lb GVW BUT it actually has two 6000 lb axles and I just added brand new galvanized 15" rims with E-Rated radials that have less than 300 miles on them. It weighs about 3500lb empty. I have several spares to go with it but they are all D-Rated tires. There is a ramp door in the rear and one side door on the curbside. The tongue is adjustable too. This thing even has reverse lights!
Has leaf spring suspension and standard lighting.(Not LEDs)
There are NO roof vents which I thought was odd BUT you couldn't reach the crank to open them anyways. It also did not come with any interior lighting but I added two spotlights in the rear with a switch just inside the back door. They work great and can be spun around to face out back.

I will get some pics up this weekend after I get all my junk out of it. I have had to make a couple repairs to it where the previous owner was not very careful with it and it has a couple dents here and there but overall it's in pretty good condition with ZERO leaks whatsoever!
The roof bows are doubled every other one so I would bet you could walk around on top without worrying but I cannot confirm this. Trailer is white in color with plywood walls and the floor is painted gray.

A trailer set up like this is pretty expensive to buy new. I'm thinking $5000 is a really good deal for someone. Can meet halfway within reason after a deal has been made. I have a clear title with no liens.

Located in Woodbridge, Va.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This trailer will not hold a QCLB truck or a MegaCab.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Pics. I took a lot more but didn't want to post up with 20 of them. I can e-mail them if anyone is interested...
Floor could use a new coat of paint and the outside could use a good buffing. There is no beavertail in this trailer but the extra long ramp door makes up for it.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Thats a nice Trailer! Too bad it isnt a flat bed/deck trailer. Bump for a Great guy!

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Man. It's definitely unique being 8.5' tall inside....

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
i might have a buyer for you. i'll ask

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks. Here's more pics. This thing even has a trap door with spare tire storage under it. I DO keep a spare in there along with my car tie downs BUT you cannot access it with the trailer loaded. They should have put this way in the rear... Also, I DID have to do a couple of repairs using Diamond plate panels. One on the nose and one on the driver's side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.