DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot off the press....good time to buy if your in the market...

Employee Pricing, Cash, Zero Percent Financing

Here's more than one offer we hope customers can't refuse. We call it Employee Pricing Plus Plus.

New vehicle customers receive employee price on all 2008 and 2009 Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles
Customers also receive discounts of up to $3,500 on 2009 model year vehicles and $6,000 on 2008 model year vehicles
Zero percent financing is available for up to 48 months
$1,000 consumer bonus cash is available on most models when financed at Chrysler Financial or local credit union
New program is effective beginning on Jan. 26, 2009

Chrysler LLC announced today that it will offer the new "Employee Pricing Plus Plus" program to all customers toward the purchase or lease of a new 2008 or 2009 Chrysler, Jeep® or Dodge vehicle. In addition to the employee price, customers will be eligible for cash discounts of up to $3,500 for 2009 model year vehicles and up to $6,000 on 2008 model year vehicles. Chrysler Financial is also offering zero percent financing to qualified customers for up to 48 months. Other finance terms and rates are also available.

"Chrysler is offering America the same pricing our employees receive through the new 'Employee Pricing Plus Plus' program with great savings off the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, plus cash discounts of up to $3,500 on 2009 models, plus zero percent financing through Chrysler Financial," said Steven Landry, Executive Vice President – North American Sales, Marketing, Mopar Parts and Service. "With affordable financing available and some of the best pricing we have offered in recent months, this really is a great time to visit a Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer."

The "Employee Pricing Plus Plus" incentive program is available to all customers beginning on Mon., Jan. 26. Dodge Sprinter is not included in this program.

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
now i know why i am seeing 09 rams for 17000 and 19000

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not so excited about the "employee pricing" since I've been shopping for a new Dodge. I thought that the "employee price" was a lower price subsidized by Chrysler which left the "dealer profit" part of the price still negotiable. But the salesmen that I've talked to have all told me that Chrysler tells them to sell the vehicles at the "employee price" with that discount coming out of the dealer's profit margin. In effect then, it doesn't mean anything if you are the type to "dicker" over price. Because without the "employee pricing" advertised, you could probably get the same amount of discount simply in the usual dickering over price. So the "employee pricing" is more of a marketing ploy than a real discount. The rebates though are still good deals as they come from Chrysler and the cheap financing is a good offer.

·
Clinically Certified
735 Posts
TR4Petty....I think you are correct...the employee price is a discount taken by the dealer...but think of it this way...most dealers would never cut into their profit margins that deep unless forced by the manufacturer...but...there are still profits offered to the dealer behind the scenes to make up for the discount to the dealer under this program. So in the employee pricing...it's a shared thing between dealer and manufacturer. The dealer benefits by the increased traffic (advertising) and if they sell a lot of vehicles they get some of that profit back from the manufacturer under different incentive deals behind the scenes.

Its still a pretty darn good deal right now...it's a buyers market not a sellers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.