Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey again folks,
I recently had a problem the check engine light came off. I went to the local autozone and had it hcecked. prognosis, emissions. But it wasnt pinpointed to what emissions problem it could be. So i started the basics, checked the air filter (hey you never know) , clean. Checked all the vacuume hoses and fine. I cannot figure out what the problem could be. Any ideas on what I could check? I thought about replacing the pcv valve but I dont think that could trip the engine light. Any helpsful hints would be great. Thanks.

2003 v6 3.9L 2wd

·
Registered
590 Posts
check your gas cap... if it doesnt click a couple times it can thro a code. also double check the charcoal canister to be sure all the hoses are connected (its on the frame directly below the gas cap). there is also the soenoid for it right next to the brake booster,

·
Registered
382 Posts
check all hoses that go to and from the charcoal canister. the lines could have a hairline crack and it wil trip a code for "small evap leak" i work at a chrysler, jeep and dodge dealership, so i see this alot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah ive checked the gas cap, unless its not sealing tightly. But interesting about thecharcoal canister, ive never ever had to even think about those so i completely forgot they were there. I will deifnately check on that. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.