DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a 87 w100 with a 318 and a lean burn system. I want to do a full emissions delete, so egr, cats, charcoal canister, headers etc. Anyone got recommended for parts?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Need to get a distrubutor and box for the ignition. Mopar performance sells a kit. I would get a Edlebrock intake and ditch the boat anchor one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need to get a distrubutor and box for the ignition. Mopar performance sells a kit. I would get a Edlebrock intake and ditch the boat anchor one.
I think it has an upgraded intake already. It has an Edelbrock carb on it and no OEM marking. Ik about doing the lean burn delete. Was looking for doing a cat and egr delete. Just wasn't sure if someone sold a bolt on exhaust.

·
Red Trucker
2,521 Posts
Yes, wouldnt even be talking about it if it wasn't. Emissions go out after 25 years.
Don't get insulted, you'd be surprised how many almost brand new vehicles are running around illegally with their emissions stuff removed. Just because you might have common sense doesn't mean the average meathead does lol.

I think it has an upgraded intake already. It has an Edelbrock carb on it and no OEM marking. Ik about doing the lean burn delete. Was looking for doing a cat and egr delete. Just wasn't sure if someone sold a bolt on exhaust.
Sounds like you probably have an Eddy licensed AFB. I'm more partial to the AVS myself, you can tune the secondary air door for when you actually want the secondaries to pop. They make headers for your truck in both 2wd and 4wd flavors (you didn't specify); Hughes has them (between Hughes and Mopar will probably be your best friends for this build).
LMC: Complete High Performance Bolt-On Exhaust Systems Connect without Welding
and Summit: Exhaust Systems 1987 DODGE W100 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing can hook you up for exhaust kits either to manifolds or after headers.
You'll need an EGR block off plate, like this or similar (plenty to be found, shop around, or make your own): Small block Mopar / Dodge / Plymouth EGR block-off plate 318 360 car and pick-up | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get insulted, you'd be surprised how many almost brand new vehicles are running around illegally with their emissions stuff removed. Just because you might have common sense doesn't mean the average meathead does lol.

Sounds like you probably have an Eddy licensed AFB. I'm more partial to the AVS myself, you can tune the secondary air door for when you actually want the secondaries to pop. They make headers for your truck in both 2wd and 4wd flavors (you didn't specify); Hughes has them (between Hughes and Mopar will probably be your best friends for this build).
LMC: Complete High Performance Bolt-On Exhaust Systems Connect without Welding
and Summit: Exhaust Systems 1987 DODGE W100 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing can hook you up for exhaust kits either to manifolds or after headers.
You'll need an EGR block off plate, like this or similar (plenty to be found, shop around, or make your own): Small block Mopar / Dodge / Plymouth EGR block-off plate 318 360 car and pick-up | eBay
Appreciate it and just future reference W100 is a 4wd and D100 is a 2wd. How can I tell? I just picked this up. Id imagine the way the guy treated this truck he'd do an upgraded intake on it. Might be wrong tho. If I put a picture up would you be able to tell? And ik they sell headers. Was wondering if they sold the Y pipe too to delete the exhaust vs welding it on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts