DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay now that I have this truck running I noticed the smog pump whatever ya wanna call it has been modified. To make a long story short it's there but won't ever work again. Now the Tube comming from the pass top of the motoe is still there and the hose is there dry rotten and not connected. The other end of the hose will not connect to the pump where it connects looks like it's almost beed shot off. Can I cap that tube some how?

· Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,132 Posts
Get rid of the smog pump and cap off whatever tubes are coming out of the exhaust. Unless you have emissions testing there of course.

· Registered
563 Posts
I have seen people cut the metal tubing crimp it together and weld up the seem. I have never done this so I don't know if it is easy or if it is worth doing. I personally would remove the metal hose take the threaded end of it to a hardware store and find a plug that has the same threads as the metal hose and install it in any part of the exaust that has thu tubing.

· Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,132 Posts
If there's enough tube sticking out, I just use vice grips and flatten it and bend it over a few times, usually works.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
84 Ram...I like the way you think...exactly take the tube out and run a threaded plug in it...use lots of PB Blaster in case it is stuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.