DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie crew cab1500 4WD. I've recently installed a motofab 3 inch leveling kit on my truck (3f 2r) and started to notice a shaking in the steering, mostly reminiscent of the feel of a bad tie rod. I purchased the truck about four months ago and since then I have replaced both front wheel bearings, both lower ball joints, both outer tie rod ends, and the sway bar end links. This was all done prior to the lift. I've noticed that when driving, especially on the highway around 70 its really bad, that the wheel will move back and forth slightly forcefully when centered. I jacked the front of the truck and checked the tie rods properly. The drivers side does have a slight bit of play when checking it with the wheel on (passenger side none in comparison) and you can see and feel the inner tie rod moving in and out slightly. But... if you disconnect the Outer from the wheel and try to push in and out by hand the inner feels solid as a rock with no play. Any advice?? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie crew cab1500 4WD. I've recently installed a motofab 3 inch leveling kit on my truck (3f 2r) and started to notice a shaking in the steering, mostly reminiscent of the feel of a bad tie rod. I purchased the truck about four months ago and since then I have replaced both front wheel bearings, both lower ball joints, both outer tie rod ends, and the sway bar end links. This was all done prior to the lift. I've noticed that when driving, especially on the highway around 70 its really bad, that the wheel will move back and forth slightly forcefully when centered. I jacked the front of the truck and checked the tie rods properly. The drivers side does have a slight bit of play when checking it with the wheel on (passenger side none in comparison) and you can see and feel the inner tie rod moving in and out slightly. But... if you disconnect the Outer from the wheel and try to push in and out by hand the inner feels solid as a rock with no play. Any advice?? Thanks!
Check that the leveling kit is in the proper positions. Some kits are stamped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts