DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my ETC. My magnum kept shutting off while idling so I took it to the dealer. They charged me $500 to service the transmission, flush the fuel injection and do an e throttle body service. After I got it back from the dealer I went to work. On my way home from work it shut off three times while I was waiting for a train.. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
First, what makes you think it's the ETC? Do you have any DTC's? I guess you're saying it stalls. What are the conditions/circumstances when it dies? Does it lope, idle rough, idle hunt, shut off like you just turned the key off, or??? What year, engine Maggie do you have? How many miles?

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, (you've probably already found this out though) but as indicated on these forums, a good dealer maintenace dept. is hard to find. They are great at fleecing the customer, selling unnecessary "services", not fixing problems, and being unable to duplicate problems....especially if the vehicle is under warranty. IMO, you'll get more and better info. on all of the LX forums than you'll ever get from a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Thanks for the response! My maggie is a 2006 SE. It has about 37000 miles. It was idling rough and it would only shut off when it was idling and the ETC light would come on with a little friendly "ding" when it died. It took me a few times for me to see the light come on though because I was so shocked it had died the first few times while I was on the road (and I'm used to driving a stick so having to put it in park then switch the key off then back on again scared the heck out of me at first). It would just kinda die out as if I had shut it off. It had been doing that off and on since I got it in August of last year but I could never figure out why because it happened once every blue moon. Anyway, I took it BACK to the dealer since they broke it! :( SUDDENLY they knew that it was the computer part for the torque control and AMAZINGLY it was a completely 100% free fix. No labor charges, no parts charges, no extended warranty deductibles. The good thing is that my car is fixed. I'll deal with the dealer taking advantage of me next :mad:I love my car but I think I'm in for more problems with it. Hopefully not. Anyway, thanks for the response, again. Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone else who comes across this problem in the future.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You'll find that all of the LX vehicle forums will provide you with a wealth of information with regard to problems, potential problems, repairs and recommendations. When you need some info. jump on, do a search, or ask a question. It'll also arm you with some hopefully good info. if you have to head to the dealer. Some of the folks on the forums have been around for a long time and now pretty much know these LX's inside and out. Glad you got yours fixed and hope you don't have any other serious problems. Reasonable and timely preventive maintenance will give you many years of good service and keep the value (which isn't really that good) as well as it can be. Ultimately, I think the Maggie's will become classics, mostly because they had a relatively short production run compared to the other LX vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.