DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working up an order for a new Hemi. What to you folks think about the Electronic Stability Program option? It's darn pricey -- $830. It is the only way that I can get anti-lock brakes on all four wheels. I have anti-locks on all four wheels on my 2003, but not the Stability Program. Don't know if I want or need it.

The 2007 Hemi comes standard with anti-locks on the rear. Is that good enough for most driving?

Tom :cool:

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
best of luck on your new purchase, I can't speak for this option but my 04 has only rear ABS and stops fine/great. I found this out for sure a few days ago when a-hole #999988899 cut infront of me and stopped for no reason to turn somewhere stupid

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If its anything like the Electronic Stability Control Program on my wifes TBSS it is nice, when coming off the interstate onto one of those big loop around ramps it's nice you can really carry some speed through the corners. I wasn't sure what it did until I turned it off before coming through one of those loops and it felt more like my ram, with it on it feels like the outside shocks firm up real good to keep it from rolloing into the corner.

So if you really like to corner fast or plan on lifting it then it may be worth the extra $$$ otherwise dont worry about it the 2wheel abs works good.

·
Sport'in
836 Posts
My dad has the ESP on his '06 Grand Cherokee and it is a good thing to have. I have tested it out and it is pretty cool when it kicks in. I think it is well worth the money and a good investment.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK -- but why anti-locks only on the rear? Is it the rear brakes that tend to lock-up on quick emergency stops?

Tom :cool:

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
yes, the rears are more common since they have the least amount of weight on them.

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
Safety First.

I only have rear ABS and have had only one occassion where the front locked up on wet pavement, towing(In dry Southern California). But as a general rule for trucks the rear is "good enough"--at least in dry climates.

I believe by 2009 all vehicles are to be standard equiped with each companies equivalant ESP...they save lives. Don't know if you have seen the Luxury SUV, I believe Mercedes Benz, commercials that advertise their version, but that illustrates what it does.

their have been studies that say single vehicle accidents would be decreased by 33%. It has been said this is the next major safety breakthrough.

I would do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I only have rear ABS on my truck. It works fine, even in winter. As for the ESP, I don't think I'd want it. Sliding in snow and rain is just too much fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.