DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Electronic Shift on Demand is an all wheel drive option. My question: Does it allow for fulltime four wheel drive where conditions dictate -- slick, muddy roads etc. -- and locked-in four wheel drive (hi an lo) where you actually engage four wheel drive yourself? Is there the option for driving in two wheel drive -- that is disengage AWD completely and drive only in rear wheel drive?

I know I should drive one myself to find out, but what the heck. I have you guys. :D

The dealer and I are only about $1000 apart on trading my 2003 Hemi for a 2007. :)

Tom :cool:

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I have the part time electronic transfer case, click over to 4 hi and it's in 4 wheel, 4 lo after shifting the auto tranny into neutral ( should be stopped when shifting into 4 lo )
and then 2 for two wheel drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is always in AWD. You never go into RWD only.

I'm not sure, but maybe I read that 38% of the power was sent to the front wheels under most conditions?

Supposedly it does push more power front if the rear tires lose traction.

How reliable has the Dodge AWD system been? I have read about Magnum AWD and 300c AWD having some vibration issues but I don't know if it is common or not.

The big downer with AWD for me is that the repair cost is much more than a regular 4x4.

·
Registered
205 Posts
my 04 is awd/4hi/4lo but I looked at an 07 and it was 2wd/auto/4hi/4lo .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.