DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there...I'm much more mechanically inclined than electronically, so i'm at a loss here. new prob, just noticed tonight...my headlamps flicker with the stereo...louder stereo=more flicker, also when I press the button to roll down the window's...the lights dim then come back after cycle. the voltage meter in the dash isn't jumping at all. as mentioned, this just started on a fairly new truck no problems prior to tonight even with electronic mods. I'm running a stereo with amps, bluetooth, nav, sirius, rear dvd all custom and a fogster to keep the fogs on with the brights....I unhooked the fogster and returned to stock thinking that was the problem..no luck, same results. I do have alot of electonic toys on this truck already with the stereo...worry is I'm fixing to add some lights behind the grill and reverse lights this week...should I just go ahead and drop the coin on a deep cycle Optima and/or a stronger alternator? or could the problem lie elsewhere? I'd hate to make it worse by just adding more draw to the system...but it's weird, truck is practically new. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks all.

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
You might need a bigger alternator but check all connections and grounds first. Take a good digital voltmeter and check the voltage while its doing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.