DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tow an enclosed trailer with electric brakes. Since I just bought this truck I have to mount the electric brake control somewhere. Every place I tried it looks like crap. Anyone have any suggestions or pictures on where they mounted theirs?

Its been a long time since I have towed with a gas truck.
I sold a 01 F350 Powerstroke diesel crew cab to get this truck. I didnt really need the controller with that beast. Im sure I will need it for this truck

·
15,912 Posts
If your trailer has electric brakes...it's best to hook them up. What controller do you have? Can it be pocket mounted? If not then you are probably stuck mounting it to the knee bolster like the rest of us.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brake Controller

I spent a while looking for a good spot. So far I have been happy with controller installation below the cup holders. When I tow, the cup holder usually stays closed and I can still use the manual brake control or make any adjustments. And when I'm not towing its out of sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I've got mine mounted to the left of the steering column

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one I have is a Kelsey. On my old truck I set it then I never touched it again. I was thinking of setting it then mounting underneith the dash where you cant see it.

Under the cup holders not a bad idea but I didnt want to have to cut anything.

·
15,912 Posts
brihvac said:
The one I have is a Kelsey. On my old truck I set it then I never touched it again. I was thinking of setting it then mounting underneith the dash where you cant see it.

Under the cup holders not a bad idea but I didnt want to have to cut anything.
You don;t want to mount it where you can never get to it while you are driving. You should be setting your controller every time you go out. Plus...if you need to reach the manual control....it will be out of reach.

The placement under the cup holders is a neat location, but I must have short arms....I would have to lean over so much I would lose sight of the road :)

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Every trailer is different for the setting. If you pull a different trailer, you will need to reset it. As Jeff said, you should be setting it each time you hook up your trailer.

·
Registered
411 Posts
brihvac said:
I tow an enclosed trailer with electric brakes. Since I just bought this truck I have to mount the electric brake control somewhere. Every place I tried it looks like crap. Anyone have any suggestions or pictures on where they mounted theirs?
Mines in the dash. You'll never bump your knees on it and it's easy to see and reach when you need it while driving.

Attachments

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
I've got mine mounted to the left of the steering column
That's where I have mine mounted.

MikeyB

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have mine mounted in the piece just below where dachman1 mounted his. It's that piece of plastic that insets a little. I just pulled out that piece and cut a small hole for the wiring. There is also a small dash light mounted into the piece I'm talking about on the 07 model. Sorry I don't have pics cause I'm too dumb to figure out how to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.