DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they make an electrick fan set up for a 1500 hemi if so were can i get it and also i found metal flakes when i drained out my radiator to put the new thermostat in and the dealer says its not bad but i some how dont believe them what do you have to say about it..?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Get the 2002 Dodge Viper fan....should be around $160.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
DeHemi004 said:
have you done this or know aney one who has
I haven't done it yet....but my Viper fan is/was on order. It hopefully is at the dealer in Lubbock, but I am back home for a couple weeks.

I think a few members on this site have them.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Where can I get the Viper fan besides the dealer?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
TTU do you know what to e part number is and does it come w/ a shroud or will the factory one work. do yo know if it will work on a 4.7??

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
PM Airram...
PM AIRRAM....he will help alot.

I do have the part number....no shroud........PN#4854720AA

Got mine for $162 + tax

·
Registered
251 Posts
Airram,
School us on this. I am interested also.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
That should come with a shroud! It should be everything you need. As for mounting it... I myself have not done the VIPER FAN yet. I have a "L" cheapo and it works overtime to keep thoings cool. Form all the information I have picked up, the 2002 VIPER fan seems to be the one that will fit and its the one I plan to get this summer. I dont think it will be too difficult to install. But as for DETAILS ... When I get mine installed I will let you all know how it went.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
406 Posts
just need to know if it is thermostatically controlled and if it is a bolt up and go deal. Guess I'll go visit my stealer at lunch.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
That should come with a shroud! It should be everything you need. As for mounting it... I myself have not done the VIPER FAN yet. I have a "L" cheapo and it works overtime to keep thoings cool. Form all the information I have picked up, the 2002 VIPER fan seems to be the one that will fit and its the one I plan to get this summer. I dont think it will be too difficult to install. But as for DETAILS ... When I get mine installed I will let you all know how it went.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
I wonder what it'd be like to beat Air_Ram to a mod?:D

J/K! :thatfunny

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I already have an electric fan... Just not the VIPER fan....LOL

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
so the 02 viper fan should come w/ a shroud. for $160 to me that seems really cheep for a dealer price. i was thinking that they would be more than that. but if thats all it is ill have to buy one once i move to el paso in july. thanks for the info air ram

·
MFIC
682 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
Takes the rotational mass off the crank pulley freeing up extra HP/TQ.
by how much extra?

·
Registered
318 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
Takes the rotational mass off the crank pulley freeing up extra HP/TQ.
Does the belt you take off only perform that one function? My father-in-law warned me that the same belt might also drive something else.

And yeah, it would be nice to know if this is bolt-up-and-go. Particularly on the electrical.

Glen

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Viper fan, huh?

Hmmmm . . . .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
XPLOSV said:
Does the belt you take off only perform that one function? My father-in-law warned me that the same belt might also drive something else.

And yeah, it would be nice to know if this is bolt-up-and-go. Particularly on the electrical.

Glen
You would leave the belt on...just remove the fan and clutch assembly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.