DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i will be getting a 6 outlet 80watt strobe light power supply with 6 strobes 4 rear 2 front and i am looking at getting some red strobe grill lights and piggybacking them from the front 2 strobes in the head lights but i am finding some really good deals on led grill lights and was wondering if i can piggy back the led grill lights to the strobe power supply?
thanks
shae leblanc

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for any help

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I dont see why not. LEDs require far less power than regular bulbs.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was thinking just wondering if they could keep up with the flash rate.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
only one way to find that out.............. :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hold on, you want to connect LED to the output side of the strobe? Are they LED strobes, or true strobe lights?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to hook up a led grill light to my strobe power supply well piggy back the grill light power off my hidaway strobe in my headlight. i dont think it will work because the led grill lights have there own flash packs. and the strobe get there power and flash from the power supply.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes your right, it will not work. Also the strobes use a lot more output power, and would not work with LED.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its all good just found some nova strobe grill lights that will connect with my power supply. for 1/2 the price... now i need to look into my switching options. i didnt get the switch with my power supply cause i wanted to make a custom panel with all my switches on in and fit it in a cubby

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so heres the lay out i am looking at right now will take me a while to get it all together and wired up as i have bigger projects going on at the moment. this is the list of equipment i will need/ and some i already have if some other fire and police guys can chime in i would love it...
list.
1 tomar dash light with cigar plug( will cut and run to switch)
1 nova 80x6 power supply with power wires and switch wires'
6 hidaway strobe tubes
2 6wire strobe cables for rear tail and reverse strobes 20ft
2 3 wire strobe cables for front heads 15ft
1 switch for strobes
1 switch for dash light
2 hella off road lights ran already will move switch to switch panel
1 set LED grill lights
1 switch for led lights
1 6gang fuse box in cab
1 custom cubby switch panel

how does this sound......