1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So i have only own the D for a month and have an issue. :mad:
First day:

I arrive home late at night from school and i go to lock the car with the stock keyless entry and notice it didnt honk and lights didnt flash. so i unlocked it and no lights flash. so i lock it and it locked but no honk and no light flash.

Second day:

In the morning i go and turn the D on and notice that all the lights on the speedometer stay on like, check-engine, water, battery, etc. then i tried placing the D in reverse but the little square that goes around the R didnt show and didnt show for P or the other gears.

So i turn the D off and turned it back on. same problem. then while it was on and running i decided to turn the head lights and fog lights and they would not come on. Also the emergency lights and left and right blinkers didnt work.

third day:

I thought i would give it another try. I turn it on and starter makes a flickering sound which told me battery is dead. so i got my starter kit and gave it juice to start. then turn it on and notice that everything is working fine? so i think my D has a mind of its own or is their an issue. i would hate to have this happen again.

any suggestions? :gr_patrio

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
Check the connections, one of the battery cables could be slightly loose.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Hello,

So i have only own the D for a month and have an issue. :mad:
First day:

I arrive home late at night from school and i go to lock the car with the stock keyless entry and notice it didnt honk and lights didnt flash. so i unlocked it and no lights flash. so i lock it and it locked but no honk and no light flash.
Sounds like either the battery..... OR these Dodges also do this if one or more doors/hatches is not closed completely.

Second day:

In the morning i go and turn the D on and notice that all the lights on the speedometer stay on like, check-engine, water, battery, etc. then i tried placing the D in reverse but the little square that goes around the R didnt show and didnt show for P or the other gears.

So i turn the D off and turned it back on. same problem. then while it was on and running i decided to turn the head lights and fog lights and they would not come on. Also the emergency lights and left and right blinkers didnt work.

third day:

I thought i would give it another try. I turn it on and starter makes a flickering sound which told me battery is dead. so i got my starter kit and gave it juice to start. then turn it on and notice that everything is working fine? so i think my D has a mind of its own or is their an issue. i would hate to have this happen again.

any suggestions? :gr_patrio
Sounds like the battery went dead. Even with the jump start, have the battery tested to see if the amperage is low... if so it is time for a new battery... also one thing to watch out for that I ran into is if the battery is slowly drained like that, sometimes it can cause computer issues which causes stalling and the dashboard to light up like crazy at random (at which point the headlights will not come on).
I had to take my D to the dealership after my battery went dead (and replaced it with a new battery) and had to pay the $125 to have the computer flashed (I think it was the Engine Control Module or Engine EPROM)...

Also check to see if the "G07" recall was done. Ever since I had these 2 things done (the recall and the ECM/EPROM flash), I have had zero problems with mine (except the rough idle and poor gas mileage due to the #[email protected]#$^ 10% Ethanol they recently added to all grades of fuel here with no station offering the option of non-ethanol).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not to change the subject. but I run ethanol and get 15-16 in town and 19-21 on the hwy.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would say the battery is bad as well. I bought my 05 in March of 07 and had trouble with it not starting. When we checked the battery it had a remove from service date of March 07 and it was a Mopar 60 month battery.Dealer replaced it under warranty and no problems since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!

Thank you all for replying!

it turned out to be the battery, it was never replaced since it came from the manufacture. that was four years ago. so everything seems to be working fine.

thanks again everyone for the help....

:cheerl:

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
Mine's still original, but I would expect it to start going anytime.:D It's 5 yrs old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.