DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 Long bed with the 4.7 V8.

Electrical issues and I don't know where to start. I was thinking of looking at all the grounds and make sure the connectivity is there. The issues with the truck are:

- heater doesn't work properly. Only one setting, full high and hot air.
- Aftermarket stereo stopped working
- ABS light on
- Speedometer doesn't work
- ABS doesn't work

The truck sat most of the winter and we had a cold winter with lots of snow. I want to get the speedo working at least for now since that is fairly important and my dad is kind of a lead foot.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
1. replace the blower motor resistor to fix the speeds
2. check the fuses
3. check and replace ABS sensor in the front drivers side wheel hub and possibly the sensor in the rear diff carrier housing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do the blower motor resistor. All fuses are fine. Never checked the driver's side ABS sensor. Will do that.

Already replaced the rear diff sensor but issue persists. First thing we did after reading up on the issues that the truck was having. Sensor is brand new from the dealership. I've got an idea. I'll trace the wires for that sensor on Friday.

All we care about right now is to get the speedo working and I assume that rear diff sensor sends the signal to the speedo, right?

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
No, that runs straight to the abs module

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
Pcm then interprets the sig and relays over the bus communication

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if one of the wheel speed sensors in the front are bad, would that cause a no speedo working issue as well? See now everything is starting to point to the truck's PCM slowly.

I'm assuming you'd need all three sensors to work properly to get the right signal to the PCM, right?

·
Registered
439 Posts
The big giant block connector behind your e-brake pedal is probably whats causing your issues. Take the center bolt out, and unplug it then carefully set it back in and bolt it back down. Also check if your truck has had the recall done on this part, cause that could be the issue also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced the fuse box and pretty much everything works now. The radio, interior lights, and remote unlock doesn't work but we can live with that for now. The fuse box was corroded and pieces broke off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.