DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i really could use some help. I have read a lot over the past few weeks and I get conflicting information. I have a 2002 ram 1/2 ton 2 wd quad can with 4.7. I was driving to work and it died would not start. Had it towed home and put a cam shaft sensor in. Didn't fix it so went to put a crankshaft sensor in and it broke. Had it towed to a shop and oil pan was dropped new sensor put in. Timing chain guides were in the oil pan. Had them put timing kit it. Fixed heads with bent valves and rocker arms. I ran now they call me I go get the truck and start finding issues the next day.I take it back and they fixed some of them but the problem I am left with is items that won't work. Horn, brake lights, windshield wipers, high low beams, lights come on with key and switch does nothing, turn lights blink on dash but not outside. I had them check it out thinking they left a ground off. There was not and all grounds were checked. They pointed at the control module and said they think it is bad. I have read that it could be the TIPM/ front control module/ PDC/ body control module. It seems as everone has different names for them. My question is 1st what is your thought? 2nd what does my truck actually have? 3rd. Does the dealer have to flash or program or can I order a rebuilt one.
4th how to diagnose which one is bad as I don't want to make a guess. With all the work put into already my funds are exhaused. I have tools to do most everything and I would have done all this myself but at the time it was negative temps and snow. With no place to tear it down.
Please help me figure this out. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

I will try and do this over the weekend. Still not sure on how to determine what is bad though.
But thank you for replying.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you can't figure it out. Pull the unit and have electronic shop check or repair it.
Google or call around to find somebody local. Or get a junk yard one and try it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.