DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Recently my battery light came on. We we're told its the alternator. Tested battery and alternator, and it was the alternator. So I replaced it, and it ran fine for maybe 2 days. Last night on the way home from work, battery light came on, I had the AC running, and it suddenly started blowing hot, ABS, and stability light came on, and then my RPM's ran up to about 5-6k while barely pressing on the gas, then a )⚡( started flashing so I tossed her in neutral and let her roll off the highway. Towed. Currently sitting in the driveway. Side note: just put 4 tires on this thing yesterday so I'm super salty... </3

Ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you changed the alternator did you check your voltage with a multimeter, if so your voltage should've been about 14.2V.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow! All those lights coming on at once. Sounds like it might be another issue.

• Have you checked the ECM? Maybe it might need a re-flash.
  • I also heard of common issues with the TIPM collecting moisture.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Quadcab
3 Posts
Sounds more like the belt if the a/c stopped and you were only running on the battery till it got to week to keep it running. Fan runs on electricity, a/c runs off the belt, alternator runs off the belt as well. Vehicle will still run till the battery runs down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sideways thought--you said "salty"??? ( don't know how truck was raised to change tires---maybe a wire(s) got pinched somehow )---a common element between your electrical system is ground(s)--Chy/Dod products have always had a strange wiring issue with wire/connection corroding inside wire harness---power distribution/fuse blocks and or plugs including corrosion inside the terminal ground connection---"salty" triggered the corrosion aspect of my reply---with any open connections it has the tendency to back-feed and or cause parasitic grounding----you have to work this methodically confirming connections---rule of thumb hammered in stone--"IF THE CONNECTION IS NOT GOOD MECHANICALLY-IT'S NOT GOOD ELECTRICALLY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts