DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fly for a living in the Air Force Reserve, and about 2 months ago I came back from a 17 day trip only to find my beloved truck's battery was dead. No problems since then, but I drive it about 2 or 3 times a week, so that would keep the battery charged. That was until this incident.
The strange thing is that when I moved almost any of the seat adjustments, the ticking in the seat back stopped.
Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this, or has anyone any ideas on what this problem is?

TIA
JB

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
First Q. How old is the battery?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part of my post got lost here.
The problem is that the battery was checked, and is good. I have had the truck for about 18 months, and as far as I know, the battery is original.
That said, I went to start the truck this evening, and it wouldn't after being not used for 6 days. When I opened the driver's door, there was a ticking sound coming from the seatback, leading me to believe it had to do with the lumbar support. (I have electric seat adjustments on the driver's seat). This sound only appeared when the battery was dead (relatively). I had suspected since my trip that there was a discharge going on, since the battery checked out to be good. Once I got a decent charge on the battery, the sound went away. The other funny thing is whenever I adjusted all but one of the seat adjustments, the ticking sound went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.