DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if its possible to switch tb's. I have an 08 4.7l and don't like the electric tb. I want to put a 72mm tb that's cable driven. What do I need to make this happen. I need better throttle responce.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I know I can use airrams adapters, buy a tb, buy a cable, but will I need custom tuning.
More then likely ill need to cut and splice wires.

Come on, someone know anything about this.

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
i think you would need to swap pedal assemblies and then run your own throttle cable. on the wiring side im sure it would just be a matter of splicing the new TPS into your existing harness and u should be done. but thats just going by theory

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
X2

The TB is going to be tied into everything from the temp of the engine, the ABS system, to the transmission for traction control. I’d say you’re going to need a custom tune to pull it off and even then, I believe it’s going to be a maybe of a job.

:(

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well this suxs... I guess I'm off to plan b.

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
Well this suxs... I guess I'm off to plan b.
ya probly way more trouble than its worth. whats plan b? :D i always like your plans:drivingz:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plan b is to see if Ryan can port my throttle body. I need better throttle response. I really need a tuner.

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
Plan b is to see if Ryan can port my throttle body. I need better throttle response. I really need a tuner.
ya a ported TB would be great for ur throttle response.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how do you like the power from the '08? CAI, ported TB, exhaust and a tune should compensate and distract you from the laggy system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.