DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem with my Durango overheating. My daughter drives it and said that it overheats in traffic. I bought a new fan clutch and noticed it also had an electric rad fan. I turned the air conditioner on and noticed that the rad fan was not running. Does it run every time the air is on or only when the engine is hot?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Both.........should run when the air conditioning is on, also runs when the heater control is set on the defrost setting.(at least on mine it is). Also should come on when engine temp. reaches 210. Maybe try checking the fuses, electrical connection, relay(if any).

G

·
Firstly welcome to DodgeTalk :)

A bit more info on your truck would help. Fill in your signature or everyone else will ask the same question. How old, engine size, trim level, mileage etc...

I havne't noticed in my D the electric fan coming on with the AC but it does come on when the engine temp goes up to around 210 I suppose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info... Found out my rad fan is out. Dodge house wants $340 and all of the local auto stores don't carry them. Anyone know where I can get one besides the Dodge House?

·
Registered
71 Posts
makeitmopar.com.... Dodgeparts.com....
if you have the part number, you can make a quick search of things...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you check the relay? My fan worked - the relay was broken. It's an $11 part at the dealer.

G

·
I've discovered also that my electric fan is not working. The reason is yet to be established.
In your case, I would get a second opinion to figure out which part it is exactly that is out of action. Electrical motors are pretty robust mechanical pieces that shouldn't go bad that easily. Burn outs are rare. Imagine a ceiling fan, it will last 50 years at least. IMO, if these electric fan motors are burning out, it seems like another DC poor build issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try asking to buy the electric motor only, not the whole housing. It would be a lot cheaper to just switch out the eletric motor and keep the old housing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I say pull it all and install the a Taurus fan instead :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.