DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on an electric locker for the 1500 9.25 rear end. I have searched high and low in Phoenix and none of the off road shops have any info. With the pool of knowledge on this board as well as the pool of smart***s we should be able to come up with something.
I have been taking some seriously off camber trails lately where i end up dangling a front tire and the opposite corner rear tire and i typically have to back up and hit it a bit harder with momentum to continue. The limited slip works fairly well but i want more. Plus i would prefer to take it slow on the trail and not have to plow over stuff. (can't let the jeepers show me up)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of me backing up to get another run at it :banghead:
The lifted Toyota TRD with the rear locker didn't have to back up :VHOT:

Attachments

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
no elec. or air locker for your 9.25 that i know of. not much is out there for it.

mike

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems odd to me that no one has come out with a locker for the 1500 with the larger 9.25 rear end.
Chevy, Ford and every Jeep on the planet but not the third gen Ram that has been out for four years. :gr_bs:

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
I'm still planning to get the powertrax no-slip locker one of these days...

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The power trax works very well from what i have heard but once it's in it's in. There is no flipping a swith to disengage it. The excess tire wear and chirping around street corners doesn't sit well with me.
I guess i'll wait it out and cross my fingers that someone puts one on the market soon.
Since the locker is on hold, what should my next mod be....hhhmmmm?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
tyler711 said:
I thought the powertrax's main feature was that it was only LSD when it isnt needed, eliminating tire scrub and extra tire wear that a spool would cause: http://www.powertrax.com/truck.htm
you are correct. it ratchets around corners, if you dont know what it is it sounds like something is clicking in your rear end. thats the rear end breaking free to allow for diff wheel speeds. when your in a straight line its a solid locker

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
the powertrax no-slip is suposed to be pretty "streetable" with little noise etc around corners...almost like a limited slip. It's the lock-right thats harsh on the street. I know a guy that has the no-slip diff in his grand cherokee and he says you don't really notice it on the road unless you're giving it gas around a corner, but you can definitely tell it's there when you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.