DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

electric cutout questions

639 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BMRbrnSNRbrd 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
Putting the cat back on hold for now. Money.
Thinking of getting the Raceland E-Cutout.
Any thoughts on it? I know there was a thread covering it, but that guy got in an accident and didnt finish the thread. (I dont blame him, hope he was ok).
How and where do you guys run and mount (if needed) the wiring?

Thanks

#2 ·
I can't comment on the Raceland. I have the DHM cutout. But as far as the install and placement goes, i installed mine just after the Y-pipe. The wiring I ran along the frame and up thru the firewall via the steering linkage boot. Then up under the dash and I mounted the toggle switch inside the cubbie right under the stereo. Power was pulled from the cigerette lighter. Just figure out where you want to mount the switch and check your tap wire lengths before you do any cutting. It will save you some time and headache if you cut the tap wires a bit short (like I did initially).

#3 ·
I havent seen anyone complain about them so far. I still like the DMH better though but thats my opinion. I think the remote option is cool.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I will be doing this also.. My neighbors are complaining about my truck. I have to yet change my exhaust again to their stupid specifications.... Sucks being my age. Anyways im getting a cutout just to keep open when 1 showing off or 2 driving through my neighborhood HAHAHAHA im dead serious

Im checking out that link now!

#7 ·
The video should answer any questions as to sound...it's 8 minutes long and covers almost every scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.