DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the exhaust shop and had them move my electric cutout to before the cats. Here are the pics!!!

Pictures:

1. Where my cutout was before
2. The cutout removed and a straight pipe was put in
3. The cats before cutting w/ cut marks
4. The pipes coming off each cat, meet a mid pipe that goes to the cutout
5. The new location for the cutout, behind the front passenger tire

Attachments

·
HEMI
916 Posts
you should get the heddman hedders and then put the cut out on. that should make a difference :D

·
HEMI
916 Posts
and and nice setup wish i had an electric cut out :bawl:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Do you have 02 sims for the new cutout location? If not i hope you love bright orange lights in your eyes.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
So you put drops in before the cats that merge into one pipe that is has the cutout on the end? Sounds like alot of work. I might have installed headers and dropped the cats all together and left the cut out where it was. That's how my TA is setup. But I don't have any emissions to worry about either. :D

Although I'm quite sure your setup is loud as hell! :rck:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hemi5spd said:
Do you have 02 sims for the new cutout location? If not i hope you love bright orange lights in your eyes.
Wanna know something weird? The light has yet to come on. I have drove it about 2 hours....50 miles.....that way. No light yet.

But if the light does come on....I'll get the O2 sims.

·
HEMI
916 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Wanna know something weird? The light has yet to come on. I have drove it about 2 hours....50 miles.....that way. No light yet.

But if the light does come on....I'll get the O2 sims.
well when i got the hedders i ran it for 24 hours (not straight) before the light came on i have to reset the PCM for it to go away but wihtin 24 hours it returns

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
oobray said:
What's an O2 sim?
An O2 simulator plugs in the pipe behind the cat, where the stock senser lives, and fools the computer into thinking the cat is still there. Keeping the computer from throwing a code.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't I need my cats to pass inspection in TX?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Don't I need my cats to pass inspection in TX?
You'd have to ask someone in Texas. :D

Cats are a federal requirement. We just have no inspections at all down here so yipee fo me.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BLACKWOLF said:
We just have no inspections at all down here so yipee fo me.
LUCKY!

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
yes you need cats in texas.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HollerIfYouHemi said:
yes you need cats in texas.
I knew that. But do I need both of them?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Like I said, cats arre required by FEDERAL law. They are needed in every state. Some of us just don't get caught with no inspections to catch us. If I moved out of state my TA would be unregisterable.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BLACKWOLF said:
Like I said, cats arre required by FEDERAL law. They are needed in every state. Some of us just don't get caught with no inspections to catch us. If I moved out of state my TA would be unregisterable.
I got that. But do I need BOTH?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
You wont pass emissions without both.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Ryan...Give me a call when it is time for your inspection. I just passed mine, and I dont have a cat or a muffler on my truck right now.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
mjfikac said:
Ryan...Give me a call when it is time for your inspection. I just passed mine, and I dont have a cat or a muffler on my truck right now.
I lived in Mass for awhile and they have Cali emissions. Had a pal that worked at the local garage and we would hook up a clean car and sticker mine. But that was a million years ago. But you can get around it. Or just move to paradise and never concider it again. :)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mjfikac said:
Will do, man. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.