DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how long do they generally last? What brand can I trust?

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
yeah does anyone know about electric cut outs?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I do.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will, can't beat a 4 year warranty. Thei site is pritty cool. Looks like a good buy!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mitch check out the DHM website!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just put mine on the other afternoon and let me tell you, you will not be disappointed. The sound is quite unbelievable. It actually sounds as powerful as it really is.

If you plan on doing the wiring by yourself give yourself a good couple of hours to do the work.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Fender963 said:
If you plan on doing the wiring by yourself give yourself a good couple of hours to do the work.
Why so long?

·
Registered
71 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Why so long?
Cause that's how long it took me. It took me a good half an hour to get those damn nuts on the bolts, they were so freaking tight, even after lubing them up. Plus I took my time since I had never dealt with or done any modifications on a dodge truck before. Then add in a trip to home depot to by extra wire.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you place the cut out, how far before your cat?

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
he put it on the custom cross over pipe he had the shop put on which connects the driver's side and passenger's side manifold pipes together. Basically making the "H" on a H-pipe. so he only has 1 cutout not 2. and it is before the cats.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
he put it on the custom cross over pipe he had the shop put on which connects the driver's side and passenger's side manifold pipes together. Basically making the "H" on a H-pipe. so he only has 1 cutout not 2. and it is before the cats.
Thats me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Watch out. Some of those have issuies with the butterfly coming loose and needing constant maintenance.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Use some locktite....

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
loctite.. the good stuff. mmMMMmmm taste good
I'll just take your word for it...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Fender963 said:
Cause that's how long it took me. It took me a good half an hour to get those damn nuts on the bolts, they were so freaking tight, even after lubing them up. Plus I took my time since I had never dealt with or done any modifications on a dodge truck before. Then add in a trip to home depot to by extra wire.
I got the quicktime cutout and it came with 15' of wire. I put the cutout right under the passenger door, ran the wire along the framerail and up through the cab under the passenger seat. Then, under the carpet, under the doorsill plate to the firewall, then under the dash to the switch that I mounted under the ashtray. I ended up with 2 or 3' of wire coiled under the dash.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
chrisd0729 said:
I got the quicktime cutout and it came with 15' of wire. I put the cutout right under the passenger door, ran the wire along the framerail and up through the cab under the passenger seat. Then, under the carpet, under the doorsill plate to the firewall, then under the dash to the switch that I mounted under the ashtray. I ended up with 2 or 3' of wire coiled under the dash.
I did the same thing.....IDENTICAL!!! :rck:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.