DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved my springs and need to know if I will need a spring compressor to install these? Once install how much do these Eibach springs settle over Time? Thanks for your Comments!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, they settle about a little over a 1/2 inch, you need the compress tool for the front springs and you should get all four wheel align. because if you dont, all your tire will be ruined

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wait until the springs settle for alignment. Driving it 2-3 weeks won't hurt the tires unless you are doing a severe drop.

·
Registered
189 Posts
the springs themselves wont settle but there will be a minor amount of change as the springs settle into the cups...eibach presets all there springs to avoid this problem..waiting a week or two for the alig. is a good idea.

i installed mine and all the control arms and connecting arms will need to be loosened or removed due to the fact that they are spring loaded. a compressor is required...

good luck have fun and enjoy. :thatfunny

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: EIBACH's

I just had me wheels and springs put on and they aslo did the alignment. Would I have to bring it back to the shop to ge realigned due to the change in the spring settlement? What signs of wear do i find in a week or two due to the fact the alignment was done after installation. I really love he way these sit on 22's. I was thinking of going for the 1.8\1.9 drop. Instead I went for the 1.4\1.4 instead to avoid any fender rolls and bottoming out.

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
fz415 said:
I just had me wheels and springs put on and they aslo did the alignment. Would I have to bring it back to the shop to ge realigned due to the change in the spring settlement? What signs of wear do i find in a week or two due to the fact the alignment was done after installation. I really love he way these sit on 22's. I was thinking of going for the 1.8\1.9 drop. Instead I went for the 1.4\1.4 instead to avoid any fender rolls and bottoming out.

which kit is the 1.4" and do you have pics?

·
Registered
189 Posts
fz415 said:

you wont have to take it back for a do-over all should be just fine. in a week or 2 you wont be able to see any wear at all.. congrats on the improvements.

phatjay :rck:

·
Registered
121 Posts
PhatJAY

Those wheels you bought look tight.. I seen a mag on TSW similar to what you have on Spreewell's website. Didi you order to 22x10 (rear) 22x9.5 (Front) setup. A Staggard setup is the wat to go if you have extra $$$ to spend. lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone know how much of a difference the Eibach Sportline setup will change the height, versus the Pro Kit? I have the Sportline kit on back order since February, and Eibach mentioned that they will finally have some by late June. And seeing pictures of Magnum's with the Pro Kit looks fairly low as it is. My only concern is that since this is my daily driver, would it be best to go with the Pro Kit or would I be okay with the Sportline? I live and breathe in L.A. and it's surrounding cities, so I know most of the trouble spots in the roads. Avoiding the potholes isn't the problem, bottoming out is. What are your thoughts?

I think this site has been posted, but it has a few Magnums/300C's on Eibach's and H&R Springs:

http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/ShorlineGallery/images/300C_Magnum/gallery_300.aspx

·
Registered
30 Posts
fz415: you look a little short to reach the pedals. Gotta love the attitude though (-:

Guys, How are the clearance issues with the eibachs? I want to drop mine but don't want to tear off the bottom of the car on every speed bump.

·
Registered
162 Posts
fz415 said:
PHATJAY,

Here are the Eibach's on 265\35\22 Hankook's. :D
Got any more pictures of your ride? It's kind of hard to see the height between the bottom of the fender and top of the tire. Also, what kind of wheels are those? And do you have any different angles, to show how much lip the wheels have.

·
Registered
189 Posts
farhawk said:
fz415: you look a little short to reach the pedals. Gotta love the attitude though (-:

Guys, How are the clearance issues with the eibachs? I want to drop mine but don't want to tear off the bottom of the car on every speed bump.
if you have a real concern with hitting stay with the prokit...the mag is so long that anything more than that is a head-ach, in my opinion....although lower does look nice....up the street from me there is a 300 on 24 that has air bags and a mag on 22 that has been juiced....

phj

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll be posting some more pics as the weather permits here in the bay.. The clearance on the pro kit is excellent.. There is a 1 finger gap between the wheel and the wheel well. The sprotline will give you 1.8\1.9 from what I understand. I am kind of glad I went with the conservative pro kit setup. I know for a fact this will settle in more. With the sportline I think 20's would be the perfect match for this line up. If you are bagged then the 24's would tuck just right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
fz415 said:
I'll be posting some more pics as the weather permits here in the bay.. The clearance on the pro kit is excellent.. There is a 1 finger gap between the wheel and the wheel well. The sprotline will give you 1.8\1.9 from what I understand. I am kind of glad I went with the conservative pro kit setup. I know for a fact this will settle in more. With the sportline I think 20's would be the perfect match for this line up. If you are bagged then the 24's would tuck just right.
It looks like the Pro kit is readily available, so I might forget about the Sportline kit, and get that. I also hear a rumor that it's difficult to turn your 22's with that kit. But since no one has the Sportline springs, it's hard to say if that's true.

Can anyone put that rumor to rest?

·
Registered
189 Posts
ProfeZZor X said:
It looks like the Pro kit is readily available, so I might forget about the Sportline kit, and get that. I also hear a rumor that it's difficult to turn your 22's with that kit. But since no one has the Sportline springs, it's hard to say if that's true.

Can anyone put that rumor to rest?

Can't squash the rumor but I can tell you where to get a Sportline--kit :rck:

·
Registered
271 Posts
this weekend I might pull my rear springs and shocks to see if i can clear these big tires. I got a price on bags from butweet's guy in WA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.