DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where they got their Eibach springs or at least a part number that fits the 2006 2wd? :help:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Part # is 2868.520. Front is adjustable, rear drop is 3in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered them. Can anyone tell me if they installed them on their own? Do you need a spring compressor to do it or can I do this in my driveway?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had mine installed but from looking at the instructions in the service manual I don't think you need a spring compressor. Take a look at the service manual to verify:
http://www.2ndgendurango.com/Stuff.htm

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will be installing my set on Saturday, in the instructions I received it states you should shave the bump stop 22mm, did everyone else do this or did you just install the springs?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn't do the install on mine a local shop did it but last time I looked the bump stops didn't look like they were shaved.

·
Just Layin' Low
268 Posts
We need pics after the install.

·
Registered
40 Posts
DOGS DURANGO said:
We need pics after the install.
Took some before pictures then battery in camera died befor I was able to take the afters. I'm on stock 17 rims and I wanted to drop the back a bit, I really didn't like the results. The 3 in drop is to much on the stock rims, handling is better but it looks like an overgrown Chevy HHR, just not as ugly.

Unless someone gives me any ideas on how I can increae the back 1.5" I'll probaly take Eibachs off and sell them at a reduced price.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to do mine one evening this week. Did you install them yourself? And how hard is it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
jodyhowey said:
I am going to do mine one evening this week. Did you install them yourself? And how hard is it?
It wasn't to difficult the only issue I had was trying to push the suspension down so I could remove the springs, I borrowed a bottle jack from a neighbor but it wasn't working so then I had to use the emergency jack from the car and was able to slide the spring out and the new one in.

If anyone wants Eibach springs with about 20 miles on them I'm selling them for $105/ shipped to the 48 states.

As they say my loss is your gain :mad:

·
Just Layin' Low
268 Posts
EIAlfonso said:
Took some before pictures then battery in camera died befor I was able to take the afters. I'm on stock 17 rims and I wanted to drop the back a bit, I really didn't like the results. The 3 in drop is to much on the stock rims, handling is better but it looks like an overgrown Chevy HHR, just not as ugly.

Unless someone gives me any ideas on how I can increae the back 1.5" I'll probaly take Eibachs off and sell them at a reduced price.
DO YOU THINK IF YOU HAD BIGGER WHEELS AND TIRES, IT WOULD HAVE LOOKED BETTER OR WAS A 3" DROP TO MUCH KNOW MATTER WHAT?I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT DOING IT TO MINE.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think think with larger rims and tires it would of looked good.

I've seen lots of drops here with the larger rim/tire combos and I like them, mine went from 36" ,measureg from the ground to the fender lip at wheel centerline, to 33". Unfortunately wife did not like the look of the SRT rims so I went ahead and purchased new 17" Tires :bawl: this weekend.

Measure yours and see where you are at right now. I figured it was worth a try, I'll probably be out $50, not the end of the world. I'll just put the OEM springs back on, now that I've done it once it will be a lot quicker.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did mine last night and I think it looks great. I have the 18" wheels though and the wheel tire combo on the '06 fills the wheel well. I will get some pics posted as soon as I can. By the way, it handles so much better also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry it took so long but here is a pic of my 06' 2wd with Eibachs installed.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I am not a fan of lowering SUVs but that does not look bad with the stock tires and wheels. Usually lowered trucks have large wheels with rubber band tires and that look I definitely do not like.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Did you just lower the back? No adjustment on the front torsion bars? Looks good! Never knew there is an R/T option on a Durango! I rather go for understatement and took my HEMI badges off....only one way to find out what she got!

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
After seing Chip Foose on Overhaulin cutting a turn off on a 302 BOSS to get the ride hight adjusted I'm seriously thinking about doing the same on my D. Since I look for a 1.5" - 2" drop without any options available in the aftermarket field. Did someone ever try? (I must say I hate myself for even thinking about doing that!). Don't battle me with negative and stupid comments, I could not believe it when Chip had the grinding wheel on the springs!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.