DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago the truck's check engine light comes on. As I'm riding to the dealership today the light turns off on it's own. I go in anyway because I'm having some on board computer problems since the dash recall. Headlights won't flash when I turn on security system, dome light turns off instead of dim, funny horn sound the other day from the security system when I unlocked the doors so I ran the diagnostic on the dash and my truck wouldn't do anything. I run a diagnostic on my overhead and it said 'FAIL'.

I tell the garage this. I call back a few hours later to find out I have an EGR valve that needs replaced $240. The part is about $40. I remind them to fix the electrical stuff too. What choice do I have?

I pick it up after all day in the shop. I run a diagnostic on the upper console and still get 'FAIL'. My lights still do not flash when I lock it up. I don't think they did anything at all. I'm not even sure they actually changed the EGR valve. :VHOT:

I'm headed down there Monday. I doubt I ever get another DC product. I've had Cadillac, Pontiac, and Nissan and never experienced this many problems or these kinds of problems. Cadillac when in frequently but I always had a brand new Cadillac rental and top notch service. Still a nuisance so I got rid of it. Pontiac only went in once in over 70,000 miles of service. The Nissan never went in in over 210,000 miles. I'm a bit disappointed. I really like the Durango too. :( :pissmonke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.