DodgeTalk Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
We raced against Bob many times. He isn't the cleanest driver. If he is going out to get Carl then Carl should be very scared. Word has it they are getting a car ready for him right now at the Shop in Michigan.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
We raced against Bob many times. He isn't the cleanest driver. If he is going out to get Carl then Carl should be very scared. Word has it they are getting a car ready for him right now at the Shop in Michigan.
I doubt very much that he will be granted a license after what he said on TV.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I don't feel a damn bit sorry for Keslowski, he's done it to others as well as Edwards, but Edwards is the only one to really be pushing back. Yea, it caused a wreck, but if Edwards had spun instead of saving it, he could have been caught in the same type of wreck.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I don't feel a damn bit sorry for Keslowski, he's done it to others as well as Edwards, but Edwards is the only one to really be pushing back. Yea, it caused a wreck, but if Edwards had spun instead of saving it, he could have been caught in the same type of wreck.
I disagree. I raced oval tracks for years and rubbing fenders and pushing someone up out of the grove is a whole lot different than intentionaly spinning them out in the middle of the straight in front of the whole pack.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I disagree. I raced oval tracks for years and rubbing fenders and pushing someone up out of the grove is a whole lot different than intentionaly spinning them out in the middle of the straight in front of the whole pack.
Correct you are. I am still racing and moving someone and wrecking someone are two different things. People get killed doing what Edwards has done TWICE to Brad.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I doubt very much that he will be granted a license after what he said on TV.
Update. He was told to compete in one truck race to get his Nationwide licence. Brad is talking about putting him in the #29 truck in the very near future

Brian Keselowski Dad has to run the truck race to get approved for nationwide.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Update. He was told to compete in one truck race to get his Nationwide licence. Brad is talking about putting him in the #29 truck in the very near future
:rck::rck::rck:Go Bob!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
NASCAR officials are reviewing whether to punish Carl Edwards for intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski on the last lap of Saturday night's Nationwide Series race at Gateway International Speedway, multiple sources told ESPN.com. A decision will be made Tuesday or Wednesday. Edwards turned Keselowski sideways heading for the checkered flag on the straightaway coming off the final turn. The incident triggered a multi-car wreck that allowed Edwards to win and left point leader Keselowski 14th. Afterwards Edwards said it was justice for Keselowski getting him loose to take the lead in Turn 1 to start the final lap (jayski.com)

·
CHROME
954 Posts
I agree rubbing and wrecking are two different things. What if Carl had rubbed Brad and someone right behind Brad turns him hard in the wall? What does NASCAR do?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The bottom line is he did it to win. He wasn't concerned about anyone's safety. And admitted why he did it and he didnt have the car to win...Throw the book at him.:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
The answer came late Wednesday afternoon, when NASCAR announced Edwards would be docked 60 points in the Nationwide driver’s championship standings, fined $25,000 and placed on probation in all NASCAR series until Dec. 31. Keselowski was placed on probation in all NASCAR series until Dec. 31, but was not docked any driver points or issued any fine.

Jack Roush, owner of the No. 60 Ford Edwards used to knock the No. 22 Dodge of Keselowski out of the way as they raced toward the start/finish line on the final lap, also was docked 60 Nationwide championship owners’ points.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
The answer came late Wednesday afternoon, when NASCAR announced Edwards would be docked 60 points in the Nationwide driver’s championship standings, fined $25,000 and placed on probation in all NASCAR series until Dec. 31. Keselowski was placed on probation in all NASCAR series until Dec. 31, but was not docked any driver points or issued any fine.

Jack Roush, owner of the No. 60 Ford Edwards used to knock the No. 22 Dodge of Keselowski out of the way as they raced toward the start/finish line on the final lap, also was docked 60 Nationwide championship owners’ points.
That's all???? I think I'm done watching NASCAR!:mad:

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Well, the 60 points will put him back to the way they went into the race as far as points go.....

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think that was a fair pentalty. It is in line with what they've done in the past, nothing too unusual. In fact, I'm almost slightly surprised NASCAR did anything.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
There was such an outcry in the garage they had no choice. Jeff Gordon was pretty vocal on Tuesday when they didn't do anything about it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts