DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this fun little gadget on my truck for about 2,000 miles now and love it. I have noticed a slight gain in power (seat of the pants) and have noticed that 70 feels like 60 used to. I have increased high way mileage around 2 mpg, and city mileage has gone up by about 1. I am very happy with this. However it must be noted that I also installed a tonneau cover around the same time so that may affect the mileage numbers. Either way I am happy with it, it was very easy to install, and is easy to remove for those trips to the dealership (just in case they update something... if they want to find it they will I'm sure)

·
Registered
185 Posts
There have been lots of tests out there about the fuel econ and bed cover's, allmost all will tell you that they actually decreases the fuel econ, since it actually changes the areo dynamics of the truck. If like to watch myth busters, they did a special on it with 2 identical Ford F150'S, the truck with the bed cover ran out of fuel first. I would guess there could be a lot of factors involved, but you could allways dump the cover for week and see if you get any better fuel encon. I had a 1995 GMC sonoma and lost fuel encon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i only use it when i have stuff in the bed, its retractable so it doesnt always affect it...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Than you should be good. I was thinking about installing one of those retractable ones on mine, But I really do need a toolbox for all my crap instaed of pilling it in my cab.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My topper cost me a 1 MPG overall, but sure keeps the snow off toys and tools in the winter.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The myth busters was actually done tailgate up and down. A tonneau cover gives better mileage than without....

·
Registered
187 Posts
just fyi for you guys, I hooked up my edge mileage max today and it IS just a fuel psi box. It hooks to the map and fuel psi sensor. it fools the computer into bumping rail psi up a bit . I do notice a lil more power , especially low end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.