DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any known issues with this programmer?
Just got one for a steal and kinda wanna be prepared for whats ahead.
I plan to combine it with a smarty later in the future but for now its just this for now.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Thats what I had on my 05 and if I got another 5.9 it would be on that truck too. Nice power but not enough to hurt the tranny.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet :) Thanks man.It wont do anything if I run it on LVL 3 90% of the time?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I kept it on that level when I had mine... never an issue.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
I always ran it on level 1 because thats where I seemed to get the best fuel mileage. If someone came up beside me that even hinted they wanted to play I automatically swithced it to 3. I also only towed on level one.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice :) Thanks alot guys for the info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice choice, I put it on level 3 and never looked back.......I've got an 03 3500 w/ 35s and I noticed 3-4 mpg increase right out of the gate. Best money I've spent......

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
The 03's had to be opened to change levels. The 04.5 and newer have switch on the fly capabilities. On my 03 I also put it on level 3 because it was a pain to pull over and change the pin settings if someone wanted to play.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok got my programmer today and was reading the manual,and when it spoke about EGT's being possibly high I shook in my boots lol.Are high EGT's something to worry about? I haven't got my Pyro hooked up yet,tend to get it done when the return hits the bank.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
If you are towing then you need the pyro NOW. If you aren't towing then you can wait on getting the pyro, but you WILL need it eventually if you plan on towing anything

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not towing anything ATM but the most I would tow is 2800 pounds (My civic when it breaks down)
THanks for the help Ram3500Dually, you've been lots of help and thanks for driving the fear of adding a programmer away :D

Just took the truck for a spin on setting 2(I plan on leaving it on there since the Manual claims its the best for performance and economy while not towing a heavy load)and the truck feels like a brand new truck.It really woke up the truck and it turns the 37's as if they were flour doughnuts. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.