DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
read this somewhere, figured it'd be good to post...

For DAMN sure don't go banks for your performance.... Nothing electrical anyway. The past few years I've had more and more problems with them. Big no-no.

Bullydog is OK, but GO EDGE PRODUCTS!!! Edge's will smoke Banks anyway... I've literally lined up all 4 of the current diesel with them side by side (duramax, cummins, 7.3/6.0 Powerstroke) and Edge burns Banks in all of em.

But the BIGGEST bang for your buck you can get is an Edge Juice Attitude.

• 5 ON-THE-FLY ADJUSTABLE POWER LEVELS

• ADDITIONAL 40-120 HORSEPOWER

• INCREASE TORQUE UP TO 350 FT. LBS. (That's 960ft lbs!!!!)

• INCLUDES TURBO TIMER!

Turbo timer feature prolongs turbo life by allowing the truck to continue running after shut-off until a predetermined EGT or time is reached.

• FUEL PRESSURE MONITOR

Automatically warns when fuel pressure is low, which can save your $2000 injection pump from needing replacement.

• TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE

• USER ADJUSTABLE LOW BOOST FUELING

• SHOWS TRUE SPEED

By taking into account changes in tire size.

• COLD ENGINE PROTECTION

• ADVANCE SAFETY FEATURES INCLUDE:

• Automatic defueling to prevent excessive EGT and turbo boost

• User selectable audible alerts for EGT, speed, boost, engine and transmission temperature, fuel pressure
and oil pressure.

• REPLACES GAUGES

The Attitude displays all the information a set of gauges would including RPM, Boost, EGT plus:

• Fuel Pressure

• Transmission Temperature

• Fuel Temperature

• Intake Air Temperature

• Throttle Percentage

• ECM Voltage

• Oil Pressure (available on 1998.5-2001 models)

• Load Percentage (on 2001 and 2002 models only)

• Backdown Percentage

• PERFORMANCE TESTING

Perform and capture records of 0-60 and Quarter Mile performance tests.

Banks offers some of this, but you have to get the expensive ass PDA set... And Edge protects your engine a lot better from lettin you fry it The Juice Attitude module will actually DEFUEL if it senses drops in fuel/boost or transmission slippage.

You won't believe the gains you'll get from it, and EASY to install on your truck. If you get anything like this, DON'T have anyone install it. You're waisting your money, it's easy. The hardest part of installing something like this on your truck is the sensor for the pyrometer, which is easy as hell on the Cummins. It's just right on top the manifold where it comes out of the head.
And you won't be losing mileage with this... You can change it on-the-fly anywhere from mileage to extreme. You can get better mileage when you set it to economy, or if you wanna leave someone in a big black cloud of smoke, set it to extreme.

The only thing IMO that would be good from Banks is their exhaust,, it's almost ALWAYS really really easy to install. Other than that, their high-rams are ok but aren't that great of an add-on for the money.
Next down the line is Bullydog. Their installation is easy, but they sounds freakin awesome.
Then is Silverline... 1 out of 10 will fit right... The rest of them are a bitch.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks dude. Good info.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I have Edge Juice on my truck, but that just sounds like a commercial for Edge to me.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am was already looking into Edge.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
yes edge is bang for the buck. you get the most features. The Bullydog though, will absolutely eat the edge for lunch in a race. Hot juice vs Crazy larry, the bullydog will eat the edge for lunch. 100hp edge vs 90hp bullydog, the bullydog eats the edge.

If i keep my truck i am going back to bullydog. i dont want the hot juice anymore. i want my bullydog back.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Yup. How much were you paid to post this??? Pretty much makes me not want one.....

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
And they will all eat the stock tranny in performance setting :D

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
performance setting was on for 40,000 miles and the juice has been on for about 12000 miles on level 5. no slip on the attitude monitor even after i went to the track and did 10 runs

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
So does anyone run this Edge with a manual trans? And how do the 6-speed trans hold up under moderate driving with performance settings?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You are one in a thousand and lucky. There have been a few posts on here with guys slipping their trannys right away with the Juice.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
mitchgmace said:
So does anyone run this Edge with a manual trans? And how do the 6-speed trans hold up under moderate driving with performance settings?
The 6 speed will hold a little more power than the autos but your clutch is the weak link.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cost?

What does this ultimate Edge system cost? I am talking everything..... What would the final bill be if I did the install myself?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Brent13 said:
What does this ultimate Edge system cost? I am talking everything..... What would the final bill be if I did the install myself?

Thanks,
Brent
Good question sense they are trying hard to sell it on here LOL.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Brent13 said:

Thanks,
Brent
You can get an Edge Juice w/ Attitude monitor for $800 +/-.

The "ultimate" Edge system has nothing to do with additional power, just more features from the "A2" monitor to include more gauges viewable at one time, and you can add a Navigation feature and backup camera feature. That can cost upwards of $1500 but, again, it does not add any additional power.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
mitchgmace said:
My 2003 just now rolled over 43k miles. I've either had an EDGE EZ or Juice w/Attitude on it since the 7k mile mark.

My truck has 381/728 at the rear wheels and the stock clutch has never slipped (NV5600).

Not to start a pissing and moaning contest, but I don't believe the G56 w/DMF clutch will last as long or hold up without slipping nearly as long.

Greg

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No this is from a good friend of mine on ZR2usa.com, I still post over there because I used to have a ZR2. Now I just post in the "Other Rides" section and "off topic" section. He's a guy I've known on there for years....I'm not trying to sell anything, I just wanted to know what you guys think because I might buy one

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
There are lots of options out there and most people I've seen that have the Juice/Attitude are happy. I haven't tried it myself though. I prefer a bit more power.....

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got the edge with attitude like 2 months ago. I was really amazed at the power gains. I try to keep it easy when shifting, I'm not trying to race or wear my clutch out, but I do love that feeling of power. I usually leave it on the ecomony modes, but in town, especially when ricers ride my ass, I kick it in extreme for a bit, blow cloud of smoke out the stacks and watch em choke. I'm sure I'm wasting fuel, harming the environment, and probably hurting the truck a bit, but its so worth it, haha.

Anyway, I paid 750 for mine at a truck show, plus the weird sized drill bit and tap. I though the hardest part of the install was breaching the elctrical tape on the fire wall. Man that seal was like tripple wrapped.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
You are one in a thousand and lucky. There have been a few posts on here with guys slipping their trannys right away with the Juice.

I know i am lucky. ever since about i put the bullydog on, ive been waiting for my trans to take a turn for the worst. I know people that cant run level 5 without the tranny slipping like a mother. i just leave it in level 5. tranny seems to do fine.

I do feel lucky though. I somehow managed to get a damn good 48RE and a Damn good Motor. 430/795 with the bullydog on the stock trans

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.