DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· The Danger Dodge
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edelbrock TES headers and Flowmaster 40 series would that get me in trouble with the law? They are pretty strict on folks down here...I am talking 600 dollar tickets.. and I really dont want to be slapped with one of those..

With that combo is it really loud? or Should I be safe and get 50 series (I hear they aint very loud) What do u recommend? Is 40 Series loud enough to get pulled over for?

· RoaringRam
396 Posts
Well if you can wait until next week I can tell you first hand how loud it will be. My TES headers will be here soon and I'm putting the dual chamber delta 40 on as well. I currently have a flowmaster but it needs to be replaced so I'm getting the newer delta flow. Only difference between our trucks is I'm also putting a Magnaflow high flow cat on when I get all this work done.

As far as being legal you will be fine. Edelbrock TES headers are 50-state legal and there's nothing wrong with having a flowmaster either (I believe they're 50-state legal as well). Your truck WILL be louder but not loud enough to get you a noise violation (unless the trooper is having a bad day). I'll let you know how it all works out when I get it done.

· The Danger Dodge
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply..I looked at your gallery.. Your truck looks really great.. Let me know how it sounds.. Where did u get your headers from?

· RoaringRam
396 Posts
Thanks black1999Ram. I ordered my headers from Summit Racing and it was one of the best experiences I've had with an online store. I place my order and they shipped it out within a few hours, and it got here in one day with free ground shipping. I was really impressed with their service. Anyway, I'll let you know how everything goes (and sounds) when I get it all put on.

· Ram Racer
1,582 Posts
Years ago I had only Edelbrock TES headers, KnN genI fipk & pulleys. After adding the Flowmaster 40 to the stock pipes the cops were all over me. I ended up yanking it 5months later. Since then I added Magnaflow h/f cat and 3" glasspack (gutted cat) and have had less hassels than with the flowmaster. Personally I hated the sound, Magnaflow has a bassier tone, less tiny/raspy sounding @ hi rpms IMHO.

· Registered
26 Posts
I posted a post some days ago but now I cant find it. I had a open air filter instead of the box filter that the truck came with. Well I was in a fender bender a few weeks ago and the other guy wanted to wait untill the police came. which was fine for me but whenthe cop noticed the filter he gave me a ticket for it. Told me some crap about it being illegal in california. When I bought the filter the sales guy hetold me that it is legal in california. so what gives???
also what brand do you all recomend to replace my catalyic converter. I recently had it changed because it was rattling, I took it to a korean place here in Oakland. well right after the warrenty expired the CAT broke and now it rattle like crazy. I would like to put a bolt-on-CAT, which do you all recomend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.