DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 1991 Dodge Ram 150 260ci and i am having some problems with it stalling when i first hit the gas. i have heard a few not so good things about Edelbrock carburetors, is it worth just messing around and modifying the parts i need to on this one or is it worth rebuilding one thats not Edelbrock? (your thoughts on Edelbrock Carbs are welcome)

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I dont know what kind of problems you are refering to, but I have a had a few edelbrock carbs with 0 problems they usually perform right out of the box.....I would rebuild the edelbrock carb.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
They are good carbs, but I prefer Holley, I use a Holley Truck Avenger 670 CFM, it performs very well off roading and doesnt load up on decline or ascents. It's got spring loaded seats and balance tube for inclinations. I dont know if Ed's carbs are made for that type of off roading but it's something you might want to think about if your rig sees any off road type of fun. They are also easy to install and have many tuning partsd and accesories available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.