Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4x4's-r-me!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ECU Location

I should have bought a Chilton car repair book rather than going the cheep route. I'm sure this thing is in the engine compartment. Probable hiding behind the nose on my face. :hide:

Still looking,
Jason- Hemi Lover
2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi:drivingz:

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
What exactly are you looking for? I'm not sure that there is an "Engine Control Module" per se. Looking through my service manual I'm not finding anything like an "Engine Control Module"

·
Power Aficionado
1,823 Posts
yup...

'right' = passenger side in this situation. Under the battery.

ECM for chrysler simply means, Electronic Control Modules and the PCM (powertrain control module) is one of the ECMs.

·
4x4's-r-me!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ecu

This may sound weird but I'm one of those guys that has to know everything about the vehicle I own. Being a High School teacher :teacher:I have some motor heads in my class and one of them was talking about replacing his ECU in his Dodge Ram. That night I went out to the garage and looked under the hood. I couldn't find it anywhere. Thought I had blind So I went to you guys.

That's about it just curious,
Jason- Hemi Lover:drivingz:

·
4x4's-r-me!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ecu

Your right! It's on the passenger side behind the wheel well. I spent two hours trying to get to this thing. :truestory: I had to find a part number for Hemifever so he could program my tuner. PRAY that you never have to get to your ECU!!! It's a real PAIN!!!:banghead: I tried over and over to remove the Battery trey. Everything and I mean everything is attached to it. There is a bolt on the bottom that I never could get to. So I gave up on that route. Then I tried to remove the shroud that houses the wind shied wipers. :crazy: No luck! I finally decided to climb under the rig and try to take a picture of the serial numbers. I GOT IT!!!:cheerl: I hope that's all he needed!:)

Jason- Hemi Lover:drivingz:
2004 Durango 5.7 Hemi

·
Registered
59 Posts
You don't need to remove the battery tray to get it out...just the plastic fender liner. You can do it from the top to but its MUCH more work (removing the wipers, etc.).

There are three phillips head screws (or use a 7mm socket) that hold it in place. Its a tight squeeze but doable....I've done several.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.