DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so had tons of ECU probs. finally traced it down to wiring harness and ECU. Replaced them both. but know i found out the i have to have the computer programed. local dealer wants $475 to flash it. yeah right highway robbery if you ask me. Does any one know where i can send this to have it re-flashed? or even juiced up a little.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Did you replace it with a used PCM or new? Also what year/engine is your Durango?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
All that needs yo be done is have the VIN entered in it. That takes all of 5 minutes. Take it to another dealer.

There is nothing that can be done to "juice it up"

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The computer has to be initialized with a DRBIII scan tool (the dealer tool). If you have the "sentry key" security chip in your key (the gray key), a secret PIN code has to be entered via the DRBIII to cause the security module (SKIM) to upload the authorized keys to the PCM.

Call around to some independent shops in your area, you may find one of them with a DRBIII that would be willing to do it more cheaply-- it will take a 1/2 hour or less for someone with a DRBIII, so a shop could make good money on it for less than half of what the dealer is asking.

You don't live in CT do you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.